Maybe a little tangential, but for Teitanblood to call the second lp simply 'Death' was a brave move. Bare with me here, while many of their peers are looking for grammatically questionable Latin or something evil and spooky sounding they have gone for the plain unadorned truth. This, death, is the inspiration the feeling that should be paramount to this type of music. Death is the main inspiration, metal is just the form of expression.
To crown it all, once you have been battered by hearing that album, you know the title couldn't be anything else.

#17 February 25, 2020, 05:33:15 PM Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:53:29 PM by Carnage
Even though I don't like the album, Severed Survival is a great, visceral sounding title. Same with Mental Funeral and Turn Loose The Swans (in terms of not liking the albums).

Think Araya said South Of Heaven was about "hell on earth" and was a move to more realistic lyric writing.
They also stopped trying to break the land speed riff record after Reign In Blood.

The early Megadeth titles were class. Very easy imagine the words being spat out by Mustaine.

The Angel and the Dark River. Draconian Times are great and iconic titles.

The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place is a lovely title. Monotony Fields is very unlovely one, both being bang on the money for the music.

I always thought Dusk and her Embrace was one of the best album titles I'd heard. A perfect union of evil, darkness, romance and grandeur. An epic title.

Dani Filth is obviously a prime wally, but Dusk and Her Embrace is a classic as it nails everything, title included.

Dead Heart in a Dead World, perfectly summed up a lot of the despairing lyrics and mood of that album

Stormcrowfleet.  That unusual compound word perfectly sums up everything about the album-  gloomy obscurity mixed with epicness. A perfect title for a perfect album.  Perfect artwork too,  that I still haven't deciphered.  Is it a bird in flight turned on its side? A sense of mystery imbued into every element of the album and captured in the title.

Drawing Down the Moon. Another perfect fit. With the alien sounding music and the simple and genius artwork,  which still stands out as being completely original within the realms of black metal to this day, the title wraps the whole experience up in a perfect little package.

Magical album title that alright
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Ducky on February 25, 2020, 06:36:31 PM
Dani Filth is obviously a prime wally, but Dusk and Her Embrace is a classic as it nails everything, title included.
I've never gotten that impression from him. Seems he's mainly guilty of just getting himself out there quite a bit, which attracts ire.

Love Cradles album titles. I've always admired how Filth combined dense lyrical and thematic concepts with the hard to come by notion that dressing up as a vampire and signing about evil isn't necessarily something one should take entirely seriously.

Album/line up consistency has  been their killer of course. Dusk, Midian and Cruelty and the Beast are all bangers though.

Blues for the Red Sun

Perfectly describes Kyuss.

Damnation Scythes of Invincible Abomination... It's just great, simple as that! Multisyllabic madness from the Geneinator!
Roman Acupuncture is a clever one. Not the band's intention of course, but it gave me a giggle when I first heard it.

666 Goats Carry My Chariot by Bütcher and We Are Death... Fukk You!! by Sadistik Exekution for just how cool those are.
I mean fukken say those out loud they're amazing.

On a more serious note (in a sense), Will Of The Gods Is A Great One by Scald and The Western Front by Sacriphyx just for how they perfectly describe the content of the album and sort of give a feel of the album before listening. Great albums too.