Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 22, 2021, 08:21:00 PM
Bigmac posted an article above there which is coming back with the herd immunity thing, maybe that will become reality.

Were you able to read the whole thing? I just wasn't arsed paying for the subscription, and couldn't find similar comments anywhere else.

Interesting article here tying back to a CSO report released last Friday:

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/1122/1262461-unvaccinated-hse-hospital-admissions/

So median age for vaccinated  in ICU is 61, while it's 52 for unvaccinated. Also, 33% of the unvaccinated had no underlying conditions, while 3% of the vaccinated had no underlying conditions . And it's mostly people born abroad that make up the unvaccinated figures.

I must check out the actual CSO release...

Don't let the Irish off the hook too quickly; it's half the unvaccinated in ICU that were born abroad. Good to see this analysis has finally been done though, in Ireland at least. I've been trying to find something similar for a couple of weeks, thanks for the share man.

Quote from: Snare on November 22, 2021, 11:37:51 PM

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/1122/1262461-unvaccinated-hse-hospital-admissions/

That article is gas, trying to explain that the foreigners are causing problems, but desperately trying not to appear to be racist about it.

No talks about them being selfish, rather "oh look at those poor foreigners with their shit english, listening to their anti-vax propaganda from their home countries. Bless them".

Now that's an ad hominem.

What do you make of the actual data analysis, since it's exactly what you've been looking for for the last couple of weeks??

Quote from: Giggles on November 23, 2021, 09:12:31 AM
Quote from: Snare on November 22, 2021, 11:37:51 PM

That article is gas, trying to explain that the foreigners are causing problems, but desperately trying not to appear to be racist about it.

No talks about them being selfish, rather "oh look at those poor foreigners with their shit english, listening to their anti-vax propaganda from their home countries. Bless them".

That's what you took from that whole report? Good man.

Quote from: Nazgûl on November 23, 2021, 10:35:47 AM
That's what you took from that whole report? Good man.

Forgive me Mr. Sneer, but in between the late hour that this report was posted and in my hastening to get to college this morning, I've not properly digested the presented information. I thought I'd take a quick crack at RTE in the meantime. I promise I'll provide a more thoughtful response in the near future. Good man.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 23, 2021, 09:26:06 AM
What do you make of the actual data analysis, since it's exactly what you've been looking for for the last couple of weeks??

At a glance, it appears that you were right and I was wrong.
I'll have to read back a couple of pages on exactly what I've said and what questions I was asking, because I honestly can't remember them all. The last two weeks of college have been a whirlwind of stress and I keep telling myself to stay away from covid news, but since there are a lot changes at the moment, and there is constantly new data, which leads to more questions, I keep coming back, even though knowing - as you famously stated yourself about 10 years ago - the time would be better spent elsewhere.

Aye, you do have to look after yourself alright! And I'll admit it myself, COVID is the perfect distraction from other stressers in life, because it is a never-ending stream of new info, but those other things will just be waiting for you all the more urgently in behind.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 23, 2021, 12:02:06 AM
Don't let the Irish off the hook too quickly; it's half the unvaccinated in ICU that were born abroad. Good to see this analysis has finally been done though, in Ireland at least. I've been trying to find something similar for a couple of weeks, thanks for the share man.

Sorry I could have been clearer. That was my reading based on percentage of people born in Ireland v born abroad relatively speaking, i.e 87-13 yet 50-50 in ICU. The disconnect wasn't something I really thought of before the way people tend to listen to news and family from back home, so missing out on local announcements. Interesting to see they have translated into so many languages, but yet it's a pain trying to bridge the gap for targetting.

Nice one for the CSO link Giggles. Bedtime reading for me perhaps 🙂 Ha, Snare and Mr. Sneer aka Nazgul to add to your confusing college whirlwind 😆

Paul Reid is an Irish public servant, Director-General of the Health Service Executive

https://www.facebook.com/100001435411509/posts/4689361951121606/?sfnsn=mo

Not a bad number if you can get it...
But seriously, I'd love to see the true number of people who have died of, well stuff, as opposed to their beloved Covid numbers.
A shitshow from top to bottom. I don't care what anyone says, it's a fucking cull and a huge exercise in population control.

Not too much mentioned in the beloved MSN about Sergio Aguero and all the other footballers and athletes that are dropping like flies on pitches and fields. Huh? Huh?
I saw a list a couple of weeks ago in a German news article of about 70 so far around Europe.
These are (or were) fit and healthy athletes. Looks like Aguero is going to have to retire from football.
Watch for myocarditis becoming a thing now for kids...

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1463293327030247426?t=Y935-TKjnazfgRCY4ZdCrA&s=19

I saw that article, it doesn't even mention how many athletes had the vaccine, or if any previously had covid which can cause long term heart issues. So basically a load of bollocks

I also saw a news report shared in twitter about how Argentina had stopped a vaccine rollout over fears of deep vein thrombosis. Problem was the report was in Spanish and had absolutely nothing to do with vaccines, and yet people were absolutely lapping it up

I know, you are right. Athletes dropping like flies has always been a 'thing'....