Obviously retarded to say that a study is "about" the stock image the Times newspaper decided to use to illustrate it, but diabetes has been on the rise for years in young people in western nations. Diabetes rises, heart disease rises. And what is one of the major causes of secondary diabetes? Even you should know this one KC.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 16, 2021, 09:30:46 AMAnd what is one of the major causes of secondary diabetes? Even you should know this one KC.
Probably the Jews

Let's tax eggs and bacon. That'll solve it!

Quote from: Trev on November 16, 2021, 10:50:43 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 16, 2021, 09:30:46 AMAnd what is one of the major causes of secondary diabetes? Even you should know this one KC.
Probably the Jews

Bingo! Making the bacon the perfect diversion tactic!

The most vaccinated region on Earth has now cancelled Christmas due to "exponential" rise in cases

Gibraltar; the most vaccinated region on Earth (100% fully vaccinated, 40% boosted) has now cancelled Christmas due to "exponential" rise in cases.

Dayum, the turkeys will be happy though...

Cases v Deaths on World-o-Meter

Januray is going to be a shit show by the looks of it!!

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/vaccinationstatusweeklyreports/Vaccination%20Status%20of%20ICU%20admissions.pdf

QuoteBetween April 1st and November 6th 2021:
• 541 persons (aged 15 + years) were reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) as
admitted to ICU with confirmed COVID-19 infection. 
• 349/541 (65%) cases reported as not having received a COVID-19 vaccine or were not registered as
vaccinated on Ireland's national COVID-19 immunisation system (COVAX).
• 192/541 (35%) cases were reported as having received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
prior to admission to ICU. 
• 147/541 (27%) cases were vaccine breakthrough infections (see technical note)

QuoteOf the breakthrough infections (n=147): 
• 94 were male and 53 were female
• Median age was 66 years (range: 30 to 88 years); Mean age was 65 years 
• 143 cases (97%) were reported to have an underlying medical condition 
• 60 cases (41%) were reported to have died 
• There was one admission to ICU in June, 6 in July, 39 in August, 42 in September, 53 in October, and
6 in November

I hear the nightclubs will be shut again starting Thursday. Bad buzz for owners and punters alike.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage
Of the breakthrough infections (n=147): 

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 13, 2021, 01:59:06 PM

Seems kinda clear that vaccination also keeps those with underlying medical conditions out of ICU.

97% of vaccinated patients admitted to ICU had at least one underlying condition. What am I overlooking here?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 17, 2021, 01:05:10 AM
https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/vaccinationstatusweeklyreports/Vaccination%20Status%20of%20ICU%20admissions.pdf

QuoteBetween April 1st and November 6th 2021:
• 541 persons (aged 15 + years) were reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) as
admitted to ICU with confirmed COVID-19 infection. 
• 349/541 (65%) cases reported as not having received a COVID-19 vaccine or were not registered as
vaccinated on Ireland's national COVID-19 immunisation system (COVAX).
• 192/541 (35%) cases were reported as having received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
prior to admission to ICU. 
• 147/541 (27%) cases were vaccine breakthrough infections (see technical note)

QuoteOf the breakthrough infections (n=147): 
• 94 were male and 53 were female
• Median age was 66 years (range: 30 to 88 years); Mean age was 65 years 
• 60 cases (41%) were reported to have died 
• There was one admission to ICU in June, 6 in July, 39 in August, 42 in September, 53 in October, and
6 in November

I hear the nightclubs will be shut again starting Thursday. Bad buzz for owners and punters alike.
We'll be at booster #20 in no time lads & lassies. Keep us the good work.  :laugh:

#3369 November 17, 2021, 10:00:53 AM Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:10:14 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Giggles on November 17, 2021, 03:48:47 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage
Of the breakthrough infections (n=147): 

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 13, 2021, 01:59:06 PM

Seems kinda clear that vaccination also keeps those with underlying medical conditions out of ICU.

97% of vaccinated patients admitted to ICU had at least one underlying condition. What am I overlooking here?

It's the same explanation as earlier; given how many hundreds of thousands of vaccinated people in Ireland have underlying comorbidities (diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, obesity, to mention only the most historically common ones in Ireland), there should be far more vaccinated patients in hospital with COVID compared to unvaccinated patients in hospital with COVID if the vaccination was having no effect. There are roughly 10 times more vaccinated than unvaccinated people in the major at risk population (i.e. the 65+ population), yet (from the figures above) there are almost twice as many unvaccinated as vaccinated people in ICU. That one sentence should be explanation enough, surely?

Reckon they'll eventually lump these boosters into the yearly flu jab?

Quote from: The Butcher on November 17, 2021, 10:10:26 AM
Reckon they'll eventually lump these boosters into the yearly flu jab?

Probably. It's going to end up as an annual thing.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 17, 2021, 10:00:53 AM
there are almost twice as many unvaccinated as vaccinated people in ICU. That one sentence should be explanation enough, surely?

At face value, maybe. But I'm still curious as to how many of those unvaccinated would have ended up in ICU anyway, because of an underlying condition.

We're told that 97% of the vaccine group had underlying conditions, how many of the unvaccinated group had underlying conditions? Probably most of them?

I think we can both agree that underlying condition = higher chance of ICU.
And since about 93% of the adult population got the injection, I think we can agree that a massive portion of the vaccinated group are healthy with no underlying conditions and are never going to end up in ICU anyway.

Makes me wonder that if all the super healthy people didn't get the injection - because let's face it, they probably don't need it - you'd have no choice but to look at this differently, as we could be looking at the same people going to ICU anyway,  but the ratios of vaccinated/unvaccinated status would be much different.

As an aside - that report notes that unvaccinated person = person not registered on Ireland's national covid scheme.
So does that mean that if a vaccinated tourist is on holidays in Ireland and ends up in ICU, they're counted as unvaccinated because they're not registered here?
And what about non-nationals who would have returned to their home countries during the pandemic. If they got their injection at home, are they registered on our covid scheme when they come back into the country?

I understand that these specific groups might not equate to a large amount, but I'm curious all the same.

If they could have vaccinated only 100% of people over 65+ (many of whom may have underlying conditions they've never consulted for/are not aware of), 100% of people with diabetes, 100% of clinically obese people, 100% of people with heart disease... we can go on, but yeah, that would have been great I guess. But clearly that would also have been just as impossible as vaccinating the entire nation, since we know by the hospital and ICU admissions details that not all of the people who do have underlying conditions have gone to be vaccinated yet. I don't think there's an easy out, all while admitting that the strategies adopted are not optimal. What can you do when despite 18 months of underlining the mortality link to comorbidities, you still have people with comorbidities swallowing bullshit about the vaccine that makes them believe their chances are better without??

I think we can agree that it's all been a shit show as far as strategy goes. I'm just concerned as to whether or not the figures reported are an actual representation of what's going on.

People with underlying conditions who won't/can't get the injection are going to in ICU - but they could have ended up in ICU anyway even if they had the injection.

But the ratios show x/y

But the ratios are skewed as one group has hundreds of thousands (possibly a million?) of healthy people who will never (by our current understand of the virus) end up in ICU as a covid patient, regardless of which group they're in.  Surely that's sound logic?

I'm not saying that I think the vaccine is ineffective, nor am I anti-vax, but I think that the statistical representation of vaccinated/unvaccinated in ICU as a % is bogus.