The fucker knows what he is doing after the memes that have come from the previous ones. To be fair it is a bit funny. I still don't like him though.

Quote from: Carnage on June 06, 2020, 08:39:20 PM
Yeah, whoever's writing them for him is having a good laugh.

His speech writer is some Trinity boffin. I remember looking it up when he had a Greek classics based jibe aimed at Boris and it was obvious he wasn't behind it himself. That dig garnered a lot of international traction and I reckon they've since had meetings about putting other references in because it's a good way to get people sharing the speech.

It fits in very nicely with his "one of the lads" image of drinking cans in the park with no tops on

Quote from: astfgyl on June 06, 2020, 09:24:42 PM
It fits in very nicely with his "one of the lads" image of drinking cans in the park with no tops on

loves the company of men

it's kind of refreshing to be part of the generation coming into power and writing speeches and so forth, using familiar references, but actually under that there's a cold unease. I figured when gen x got into power we'd be undoing the madness but nope, just more of the grind, more of the same.

Yeah it's just the same old ding dong over and over. I feel your unease.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 06, 2020, 09:45:29 PM
Yeah it's just the same old ding dong over and over. I feel your unease.

ding dong, leo's asian thruple no doubt, loves the special sauce

right, that'll do with the 70s comedy  :o

Brings me to another thought as well. I always felt that those of our generation would be the ones to brush out the old ways and bring in a new era of enlightenment, yet here we are and they are basically the same as what came before. I wonder does every generation feel the same hope before the proverbial sand is kicked in their faces?

Quote from: astfgyl on June 06, 2020, 10:22:53 PM
Brings me to another thought as well. I always felt that those of our generation would be the ones to brush out the old ways and bring in a new era of enlightenment, yet here we are and they are basically the same as what came before. I wonder does every generation feel the same hope before the proverbial sand is kicked in their faces?

the system is designed to 'refine' us, whirling chaotic tense mysterious. I'd question if we're any better for our lives here really.

On a more mundane level I agree how jolting it is to be the generation finally coming into influence only to be cunts listening to 90s rock rather than cunts listening to showbands etc

I figured we'd be trying to improve the human condition in Ireland on a spiritual level, on an infrastructural level, on the level of cultural honesty, acting mature for once, owning up to past sins, trying to become a country with a clear reason to be. When you do that as an individual you want to guide the collective in that direction too, just even a small bit.

It sort of ties into the Score orange vs Cadet from the other thread. It's all just the same old shite with another label on it at the end of the day. Saddening really but unsurprising

We all know Cadet was clearly the superior inferior cola

was verbally abused in Tesco a few days ago by a woman in elbow length rubber gloves, also wearing both goggles and one of those hinged plastic face masks, complete meltdown. Threatened to be arrested, it's hard when someone's mental stress gets directed at you and all of a sudden your own adrenaline starts to pump and your emotional world becomes a mirror to someone else's.

I was just out for a walk and to pick up some bits for the kitchen; surf detergent on reduced, Nicky lemon infused kitchen roll.

Corona hassle.

Quote from: mugz on June 10, 2020, 01:36:22 AM
was verbally abused in Tesco a few days ago by a woman in elbow length rubber gloves, also wearing both goggles and one of those hinged plastic face masks, complete meltdown. Threatened to be arrested, it's hard when someone's mental stress gets directed at you and all of a sudden your own adrenaline starts to pump and your emotional world becomes a mirror to someone else's.

I was just out for a walk and to pick up some bits for the kitchen; surf detergent on reduced, Nicky lemon infused kitchen roll.

Corona hassle.

Was it because you were geared up or too close to her or just general being a bit mental? 

..were you holding a 6 pack of corona? :-X

Or did you have your cock out and starting prodding her with it?

Quote from: Aborted on June 10, 2020, 05:22:51 PM
Quote from: mugz on June 10, 2020, 01:36:22 AM

Corona hassle.

Was it because you were geared up or too close to her or just general being a bit mental? 

..were you holding a 6 pack of corona? :-X

nope, 2m away, but sometimes you get dragged into other peoples dramas. Sympathy is probably my response now after a few days but it was kinda grim seeing that level of hysteria