Quote from: Emphyrio on June 05, 2020, 12:40:29 PM
Fuck all to do in Limerick.
Ah there's rakes to do in the county if you enjoy a few hikes, have a few planned meself.  Can drive out the estuary for a look too, some nice spots that way.

Might stick to the stabbing John.

New Zealand are going well. While Sweden's infection rate seems to be growing.

Am I about to be forced into an embarrassing U-turn in my thoughts around locking down I wonder? Will I suffer the ignominy of a Lancet-like retraction of my published opinion?

Well sort of, maybe, as I thought in the very beginning that we didn't lock down hard or fast enough on importing cases and that closing the borders at the earliest opportunity would have been the way to go in the first place. I wonder if we were to get to the same place as NZ, could we start to take down the 2 metre signs and whatnot? And of course if the virus has been here since late last year as has been mentioned as a possibility, is all of that a moot point anyway?

Quote from: astfgyl on June 05, 2020, 04:24:12 PM
New Zealand are going well. While Sweden's infection rate seems to be growing.

Am I about to be forced into an embarrassing U-turn in my thoughts around locking down I wonder? Will I suffer the ignominy of a Lancet-like retraction of my published opinion?

Well sort of, maybe, as I thought in the very beginning that we didn't lock down hard or fast enough on importing cases and that closing the borders at the earliest opportunity would have been the way to go in the first place. I wonder if we were to get to the same place as NZ, could we start to take down the 2 metre signs and whatnot? And of course if the virus has been here since late last year as has been mentioned as a possibility, is all of that a moot point anyway?

is it 17 euros p/h to pretend to believe in things? I'd pay you more just because of the quality of your reasonableness- so convincing!

Nah I talk shite online for free!

Just saw that there's plans in northern Ireland that primary schools will be 2 day's a week and secondary schools will be every other week.

I'm convinced we are going to drag this shit into 2021

You're optimistic

Well work gave me a bonus so they must think it's done I suppose

Quote from: astfgyl on June 05, 2020, 10:38:37 PM
You're optimistic

I'll pay you to follow me around and make very benign well constructed comments about the issues of the day.

Quote from: mugz on June 06, 2020, 01:29:47 AM
You're optimistic

I'll pay you to follow me around and make very benign well constructed comments about the issues of the day.

Those statements may seem benign, but in fact those are the ones that will poison you the quickest

Quote from: astfgyl on June 06, 2020, 01:53:06 AM
Quote from: mugz on June 06, 2020, 01:29:47 AM
You're optimistic

Those statements may seem benign, but in fact those are the ones that will poison you the quickest

so you admit it then  :laugh:

Yeah, I'm a fell creature at the heart of it lol

That's some crowd in London for the protests.
Surely that's bound to have a negative effect with the R number business.

Anyone spot the LOTR's quote in the last speech!

Yeah, whoever's writing them for him is having a good laugh.