Don't they have a thing about unelected beurocrats wielding power or something?  :laugh:

Al Capone was taken down for tax evasion. Was the sentence he got for tax evasion an over-reaction? Who cared! The cunt had to go and that's how he got got.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Whatever about any of the political stuff, his excuse has to go down as one of the greats

Cummings and goings, they're gonna all fall like Dominics   ;)

They certainly dragged that Cummings business out for a while on the news.

The theory I think is that if they can keep the pressure on for 9 days he'll be fucked.  I wonder how Boris will play it.  He kind of had the good will of most of the country after catching a dose and having a kid,  so this is a bit of an unnecessary ass-fuck for him. Cummings is being portrayed as the necessary yin to his yang so whether he has the confidence to go it alone without Cummings seems to be the big question.

In other news, I was driving through Kinnegad and noticed "1488 RIP" scrawled on the side of a hill with an Irish flag.  Either they are commemorating Covid victims and unfortunately haven't updated their data or they are calling for the rise of the 4th Reich  :laugh:

The media running around hounding Cummings (flouting utterly the social distancing), a lot of them hysterical screechers treating him as if he’d left a shite in someone’s pocket.

He scalded them in the press conference he held I thought. The Guardian printing unsubstantiated hearsay about ‘reported further trips’ just shows what a rag that paper is turning into. At least pretend your political agenda isn’t complete.

Really pissed me off that Tramore was flooded with Dubs today. Waterford is doing really well with Corona numbers. Surely there are beaches in Dublin they could go to. Assholes!

Beaches in Dublin are pretty shit by comparison though. Except Portmarnock, that's lovely. Seriously though it ain't cool when the whole idea of playing ball is to get back to a sort of freedom. I haven't seen the guards stopping around here all week either. That has hardly gone unnoticed if it is the same everywhere else. Are any of ye still meeting them?

howyabuds from de nortsoide heading out to all our hometowns during the summer is a defining part of the irish summer.

it's kind of like they're all dropped out from central casting

Quote from: mugz on May 29, 2020, 11:48:38 AM
howyabuds from de nortsoide heading out to all our hometowns during the summer is a defining part of the irish summer.

it's kind of like they're all dropped out from central casting
I thought that was all part of a youth outreach programme to show local 12 year old boys how to act tough and say schwaaw boyiz.  :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on May 29, 2020, 11:33:23 AM
I haven't seen the guards stopping around here all week either. That has hardly gone unnoticed if it is the same everywhere else. Are any of ye still meeting them?

Meet them a lot down here. Have to go to Tramore twice a week to get groceries for the grandmother.  The rule of thumb seems to be that if you want to travel from Waterford to Tramore you need a good reason. Dublin to Tramore seems OK at the moment.

Quote from: hellfire on May 29, 2020, 01:57:48 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on May 29, 2020, 11:33:23 AM
I haven't seen the guards stopping around here all week either. That has hardly gone unnoticed if it is the same everywhere else. Are any of ye still meeting them?

Meet them a lot down here. Have to go to Tramore twice a week to get groceries for the grandmother.  The rule of thumb seems to be that if you want to travel from Waterford to Tramore you need a good reason. Dublin to Tramore seems OK at the moment.

The Guards don't give a shite - I had to drive from Clare to Dublin four weeks ago and they just told me to drive safe. As far as I know they can't implement the 5 mile rule as its only a recommendation and not strictly law.

I can tell from the general goings on around here that it isn't only the guards who don't give a shite. Everybody in this town is voting with their feet and doing whatever they like in terms of meeting friends and family and for right or wrong I think it's great to hear the buzz around from all the other gardens in spite of their awful taste in music