Quote from: astfgyl on May 19, 2020, 07:22:12 PM
It's hard to blame kids for not grasping the gravity of the situation. I only hope the reports are accurate regarding kids not being the spreaders they were at first considered to be because I see what you are seeing as well. I let my 2 older kids out and I can see the young fella and his pals aren't acting the bollix so far but I think given a few days they will soon be wrestling out on the green as ever before. All I can do is attempt to educate them and hope some of it sinks in. The group of 4 limit is only a myth as well but again it's what I would expect from the young people. I do see that most adults appear to be doing what they are told so here's hoping that will be enough to curb the potential second wave. A pushing back of phases would be quite demoralizing for a lot of folks.
When the fuck are you going back to work lad?  :laugh:

:laugh:

I've actually been working away as normal since this kicked off. More than usual even. Can you actually fucking imagine how bad I'd be gone if I'd been at home all this time. I had a weeks holidays in April and I nearly went cracked.

I'm working WAYYYyyyyy more hours from home than in the office.

Cunts of clients know this is common and are exploiting the shit out of the situation, heaping more shite and deadlines onto us.

#1008 May 20, 2020, 03:29:51 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 03:31:29 PM by Caomhaoin
Poor bastards 🤣

A buddy of mine from Belgrade who is the director of a company told me he's working twice as much from home, but with the added pleasure of his wife and kids wrecking his head all day.

Us teachers? A couple of hours (at most) a day, then it's all tall drinks, taller tales and half heartedly 'suggesting' to the kids to spend less than 5 hours a day on the PlayStation.

Amirite Eoin?

I couldn't be at home, not with all the kids off school. I'd go insane.

Have any of you seen any decent homemade face coverings while out and about? I saw one today and I nearly got sick laughing. It was a sleeping mask used to hold up kitchen paper over the mouth and nose and yer one couldn't fuckin talk or anything with it. Fuckin roasting weather as well, ideal for it. Met someone yesterday with a sock over their mouth held on by a shoelace. These homemade masks will be the new covid haircuts for my general amusement I reckon

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 20, 2020, 03:29:51 PM
Poor bastards 🤣

A buddy of mine from Belgrade who is the director of a company told me he's working twice as much from home, but with the added pleasure of his wife and kids wrecking his head all day.

Us teachers? A couple of hours (at most) a day, then it's all tall drinks, taller tales and half heartedly 'suggesting' to the kids to spend less than 5 hours a day on the PlayStation.

Amirite Eoin?

Accurate 😂

Quote from: astfgyl on May 20, 2020, 03:51:20 PM
I couldn't be at home, not with all the kids off school. I'd go insane.

Have any of you seen any decent homemade face coverings while out and about? I saw one today and I nearly got sick laughing. It was a sleeping mask used to hold up kitchen paper over the mouth and nose and yer one couldn't fuckin talk or anything with it. Fuckin roasting weather as well, ideal for it. Met someone yesterday with a sock over their mouth held on by a shoelace. These homemade masks will be the new covid haircuts for my general amusement I reckon
My mother is a seamstress so has been knocking out face masks like a sweat shop. As well as plain black she also sent me some made from a Halloween themed fabric. It has tombstones with phrases like "I'm sick of this" and "you're next" written on them  :laugh:

"You're Next" is after keeping me amused for nearly 2 hours now cheers for that :laugh:

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 20, 2020, 03:22:41 PM
I'm working WAYYYyyyyy more hours from home than in the office.

Cunts of clients know this is common and are exploiting the shit out of the situation, heaping more shite and deadlines onto us.

Similar to my situation I was cut to 32 hours the week of Easter Monday and since then I have probably had the busiest weeks of my entire career and my company is coming down harder then ever on people now for not having enough chargeable time.  The wankers also installed  a thing on everyones laptops that if you haven't touched the mouse or keyboard for  over 20 mins the computer shuts itself  down then everyone on Skype for business can see.

I'm surprised they haven't sent everyone cameras to install in their houses so they can watch us while we work.

Easy solution for the aul 20 minute shut down ->

Yes no just Y  :laugh:. That was one of the first things I thought about. I discovered if I leave a youtube video playing most of the time it stays on but sometimes it still switches off. I haven't be able to figure out what is different during the times it switches off.

#1016 May 21, 2020, 05:10:54 PM Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:00:50 PM by The Butcher
This might work although I haven't tried it myself (yet) *edit - works on my work laptop :D*

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/#download

Lads, it's a fair "Made in China" virus when half the cases are asymptomatic isn't it

4 weeks ago you could have brought the house down  :laugh:

I'll take what I can get. Which is usually nothing so this is progress of sorts