#495 March 27, 2020, 08:47:07 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:36:22 PM by Aborted
Did he just quote Terminator! 

The few points I got while taking some notes
Travel to work allowed but only health care etc
Only to go out to shop for food
To attend medical appointments
Vital family reasons - elderly/child care
Exercise - max 2km max from house but maintain distance
Farming purposes
Visits to hospitals etc for prisons cancelled outside of compassionate grounds
Shielding/cocooning for people over 70
No gatherings in the house/parties

100% it's going to be a lot longer than that and although expected and I even said they should do it.. just got a very uneasy feeling about the whole thing.

Was bound to happen after last weekend.
They will more than likely extend it.

Quote from: Aborted on March 27, 2020, 08:47:07 PMjust got a very uneasy feeling about the whole thing.
Same here. The mental health is suffering a fair amount from all of this. Might just have to disconnect from the news.

Is it that different from what's going on already? And surely most people with a lick of common sense are at it?

Quote from: Ducky on March 27, 2020, 10:17:27 PM
Is it that different from what's going on already? And surely most people with a lick of common sense are at it?

No, i've been doing it already myself in the house and have only left to go 5 mins up the road to a small tesco express for food and that's it.

For some reason I just felt a bit odd. I guess I'm worrying more and about my dad who lives by himself back home and how he is.. ie not listening for stocking up a bit of food and not leaving the house non stop. And my mum in the care home.

It brings you down alright. Had a few hours work today, I was on my own with the doors & gates shut and didn't have to deal with aƱyone, got a shitload done, a lot of it outside in the sunshine, and felt great for the first time in a couple of weeks with thoughts of an end in sight, and then...

I'm wallowing, but I realise a lot of you have a lot more to worry about, be it family, finances, etc. Hope ye're all managing OK.

#501 March 27, 2020, 11:09:26 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:12:10 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Yolo Swaggins on March 27, 2020, 09:58:20 PM
Quote from: Aborted on March 27, 2020, 08:47:07 PMjust got a very uneasy feeling about the whole thing.
Same here. The mental health is suffering a fair amount from all of this. Might just have to disconnect from the news.

I'd highly recommend it. Anything you need to know you will hear from somewhere. I did it a week or more ago and it did me no end of good. I mean, you know what it is you can do, and all of the rest of it is out of your hands so try not to absorb too much of it. If you're anything like me it will wreck the head off you checking in over and over.

Edit: And here I am, on a forum talking about it! I'm so weak

Regarding the locking down it should have been done weeks ago and anyone in their right mind would have been doing it anyway without being told. I'm lucky there are loads of fields around where I am, I can take off into them any time I like. I just hope everyone else doesn't have the same idea..

#502 March 27, 2020, 11:15:10 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:20:03 PM by Aborted
I finished my job 2 weeks ago and don't start my new one in Dublin till the 6th. I'll be doing it from home for now and thankfully have that option.
The novelty of time off watching movies, playing games etc has well passed.

Thankfully have a huge back garden so going to start trying to do something there just to get out of the house a bit more.
Actually offered to start a week early for free

Have to say, the memes etc are quite good way to add a bit of levity to the whole thing. No harm once you still understand the serious of everything

There has been some serious memeing.

"Jussie Smoulette claims two Chinese men in mags hats coughed on him"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The panic buying started up again in full force.. these people are complete fucking idiots.
My dad whos in his 70's live in Clonmel alone literally across the road from Dunnes and he's not to go there etc with the new lockdown in place. I've called almost every store in the town and NONE deliver groceries bar tescos which is booked up till the 17th of April!!!
Insane, thankfully the local guards are doing shopping/deliveries for  the elderly

I just can't get over peoples mindset during this

Quote from: Aborted on March 28, 2020, 01:14:10 PM
The panic buying started up again in full force.. these people are complete fucking idiots.
My dad whos in his 70's live in Clonmel alone literally across the road from Dunnes and he's not to go there etc with the new lockdown in place. I've called almost every store in the town and NONE deliver groceries bar tescos which is booked up till the 17th of April!!!
Insane, thankfully the local guards are doing shopping/deliveries for  the elderly

Agreed. In doing do the weekly shopping as I do every Saturday morning at 8am, and the place (normally empty apart from a few regulars) is packed. And all the regulars meeting each other, and wondering why, since the shops aren't going to close or run out, these cunts just get their groceries at their normal time. Then discover the shop has stopped letting people in until people go out, on a one by one case. Walk outside, see the sheep lined up all the way round the car park.
Fucking morons.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on March 28, 2020, 02:10:35 PM
Quote from: Aborted on March 28, 2020, 01:14:10 PM

Agreed. In doing do the weekly shopping as I do every Saturday morning at 8am, and the place (normally empty apart from a few regulars) is packed. And all the regulars meeting each other, and wondering why, since the shops aren't going to close or run out, these cunts just get their groceries at their normal time. Then discover the shop has stopped letting people in until people go out, on a one by one case. Walk outside, see the sheep lined up all the way round the car park.
Fucking morons.

Yup, one of the guys i worked with went to do his normal weekly shopping in Aldi in Cork today and said the queue was around 2hrs or so to get in. Trolleys upon overloaded trolleys coming out to the point of nothing being left here .
Girl I work with is a manager in spar, she was saying the height of abuse from the women 'scumbags' in there is insane. Just utter greed and gluttony with no regard for anyone else

Same shit here. Went to get shopping today and the amount of asshole coming out with overloaded trolleys was seriously pissing me off. No regard for anybody else at all.
Im home now and didn't manage to get anything cos the queue was so long. I've a few eggs and bacon in the house. Should get me through till tomorrow.
Im just glad I stocked up on drugs ha.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 27, 2020, 11:48:44 PM
There has been some serious memeing.
The memes are the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.
As long as they don't get too 'serious'... what harm, sure.