Everything that I love about Spain, the cameraderie, the closeness, the hugs and kisses, it's all on hold.

Fuck sake

Quote from: Caomhaoin on March 21, 2020, 12:57:06 PM
I find Donald Trump, as usual, a huge source of entertainment by baiting the liberal media by calling it the 'Chinese' virus.
That video is gold...  :laugh:

When he says to your one can you repeat that, no just the term. You can tell by head on him he pissed himself laughing after the press conference. That reporter that asked him about Kung Flu seems like a right cunt have seen other clips of her before trying to stir shit up with other politicians at press conferences.

Quote from: blessed1 on March 21, 2020, 01:10:14 PM

Everything that I love about Spain, the cameraderie, the closeness, the hugs and kisses, it's all on hold.

Fuck sake

Yeah it's all a big pisstake, apologies for making you feel uncomfortable.

Kung flu gave me a laugh. I hadn't heard that before I saw the clip.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 21, 2020, 03:00:48 PM

Fuck sake

My point was things are a bit more serious now and you are worried about a few hugs and kisses.

Quote from: blessed1 on March 21, 2020, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 21, 2020, 03:00:48 PM

Fuck sake

My point was things are a bit more serious now and you are worried about a few hugs and kisses.

Ah  I get ye, no I´'m  saying the whole fabric of society here, everything that makes it tick has been affected, which is sad to see. That said, everyone is indoors, nobody is acting the bollix. Apologies, there's a lot of tension about the place here at the moment, a lot of my friends are affected, horrible to hear about. I'll wind my neck in a bit.

Wise the bocadillo there amigo!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 21, 2020, 05:39:15 PM
Wise the bocadillo there amigo!

Message received loud and clear. Listening to Holy Terror in confined spaces is way too much  :laugh:

Switzerland checking in...whilst nowhere near as grim as Spain or Italy, it's a weird place to be right now. Been stuck at home for a week now,  walks and food shopping aside.

I thought working from home would be a breeze, but actually the mental side of all this is tough. If you can get out and get some fresh air, perhaps see some other humans (from a distance!),  I recommend you do.

It's not working from home thats the problem I have been working from home for almost a year now usually just 1 day in the office and I love it but this doesn't feel the same. I think people with small kids might find it very annoying.

If you think this is bad wait until the internet and electricity shortages start.

Disgraceful at home Drogheda a town of over over 40,000 has no testing site people have to go too Dundalk. So if you don't drive you are told not use public transport so you have to get someone else to drive you who then has to risk infection.

Weird buzz in Sligo town today (needed a few bits and to stave off the cabin fever). Basically the only places open are chemists, supermarkets and.... GameStop.

As someone that spent years of their life standing behind the till in that place, all I can think is fuck GameStop from on high. Apparently HO have told them they'll close when the government makes them. Cretins.

#342 March 22, 2020, 08:52:26 AM Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:58:07 AM by Black Shepherd Carnage
We had the director of one of the institutes here (thankfully not mine) say the same thing. The government did just that two days later. So even among people who should have a bit of an intuition for how to read stats and understand predictions based on them can be selfish assholes. When director of another institute suggested research on the whole campus shut down, this lad said he disagreed with any "spontaneous erratic initiatives" and would keep his lab open (read, force his team to come to work) until instructed otherwise. That was on 15th March, France already alarmingly far along the "Italian curve".

No cases in County Monaghan, but then there's no testing whatsoever being done either. Might be a test centre opening up in a few days. Might.
Nobody's surprised though, it's standard government policy over the years, no matter whatever party's involved, to repeatedly fuck over this area when it comes to health matters.

Just announced we're going to be locked in 15 more days in Spain until April 12th..mental.