CCTV footage has emerged of Georgie Boy's attempted robbery in the Spar the other day...

https://youtu.be/KlXnssHy3Y8

I sometimes wish we could truly appreciate something like Solzhenitsyn does for his black bread and fish head soup, Orwell for an auld snout in 'Down and Out...' or the holy grail of an egg in 'Angela's Ashes' and just be thankful for the small auld things instead of having 5 social media accounts  and a (usually) ill informed, ostentatious view on every fucking cause celebre.

A dose of Russian army training where your phone gets shoved clean up your hole of you take it out, ever, would do most of us the world of good.

Poor little distraught Emmanuel giving a speech today wanting to 'find the fed' who killed his bruddah.
Sounds like the shit from across the pond. BLM bollox, welcome to Ireland.

The vid's on Grand Torino's page on FB....

Quote from: Caomhaoin on January 01, 2021, 03:42:38 PM
I sometimes wish we could truly appreciate something like Solzhenitsyn does for his black bread and fish head soup, Orwell for an auld snout in 'Down and Out...' or the holy grail of an egg in 'Angela's Ashes' and just be thankful for the small auld things instead of having 5 social media accounts  and a (usually) ill informed, ostentatious view on every fucking cause celebre.

A dose of Russian army training where your phone gets shoved clean up your hole of you take it out, ever, would do most of us the world of good.

Give Facebook the skip man, did it myself a few months and it's fucking great to be honest.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 01, 2021, 04:02:37 PM
The vid's on Grand Torino's page on FB....

No doubt it is. I hate the whole throwing milkshakes  or eggs or whatever at people. Spend your time trying to change something rather than throwing a milkshake to inflate your own ego, but I did raise a chuckle when that idiot Torino got a doing.

Understandable, but a bit of a Streisand Effect there was to it also, since it only made him suddenly a somebody to a lot of people who previously had no idea who he was, including myself and, unfortunately, many more who were sympathetic to his brand of "thinking."

#JusticeForGeorgeNkencho trending on twitter at the minute.

So my guess is that people want to see better access to mental health services and improved urban planning to provide equal employment and education opportunities to those in a lower income bracket.

But no, of course it isn't that. Defund the Gardai!!! Fried fools everywhere.

Meanwhile in Nigeria, many Black Lives lost https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/06/video-of-nigerian-police-shooting-man-in-street-sparks-outcry and the corporate sponsors have fuck all to say about it... why don't these Black Lives Matter?? Because it isn't world news if you get fucking done by fellas the same colour as you. Wow, when I think about it a non-racist cop shouldn't give a shite about the colour of the perp and be an equal opportunities executioner, but now they have to treat black people differently? That's a bit fucking racist isn't it?

Did a search looking for EndSars corporate sponsors and got this: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/nigeria/these-are-the-sponsors-of-endsars-protest-former-governor/ar-BB1aP4wp

Checked for BLM corporate sponsors and got this: https://builtin.com/diversity-inclusion/companies-that-support-black-lives-matter-social-justice

Equality abounds! Hmmm..

I'm about as left wing as they get, the lad tried to stab a guard, there is no discussion. Morons on fb trying to justify it with fake photos do not matter. The lad tried to stab a guard. End of.

I see a video of his brother speaking at one of these protests saying there was 35 gardai not 12 (even though in another video he says f**k the 12), that George was not tasered and that he fell down and then he was shot (again video shows different) From what I see it's noise from left and right, one side spreading lies about the actual incident, turning the heat up on the whole situation leading to more needless agitation (Outside Spar, in blanch etc) and the other side with the usual anti-immigration stance/rhetoric. Both sides feed into each other and shows how social media really isn't the place for any sort of decent discussion on this.

Quote from: lifeeternal on January 01, 2021, 07:07:52 PM
I'm about as left wing as they get, the lad tried to stab a guard, there is no discussion. Morons on fb trying to justify it with fake photos do not matter. The lad tried to stab a guard. End of.

Careful now, I don't think you're digging deep enough into the route cause of the whole thing. Get on the internet there, up to and including social media, and with a bit of research you'll find that the whole thing could have been avoided. You're oversimplifying the situation.  It was totally because he was black.

Quote from: The Butcher on January 01, 2021, 07:23:02 PM
I see a video of his brother speaking at one of these protests saying there was 35 gardai not 12 (even though in another video he says f**k the 12), that George was not tasered and that he fell down and then he was shot (again video shows different) From what I see it's noise from left and right, one side spreading lies about the actual incident, turning the heat up on the whole situation leading to more needless agitation (Outside Spar, in blanch etc) and the other side with the usual anti-immigration stance/rhetoric. Both sides feed into each other and shows how social media really isn't the place for any sort of decent discussion on this.

This

#1377 January 01, 2021, 07:58:34 PM Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:03:09 PM by Emphyrio
Cabáistí. I'm just so confused as to what they're complaining about. There was a case for the George Floyd thing, do they see this as comparable?

Just saw a bit of the brother's speech.
"I want the guard terminated" (from his position, not in the Arnie sense, I presume)

"When we find him....." (Or maybe it is in the Arnie sense.)

Quote from: Emphyrio on January 01, 2021, 07:44:56 PM
It was totally because he was black.

No one here has suggested that is the case, though, let's just be clear.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2021, 08:05:03 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on January 01, 2021, 07:44:56 PM
It was totally because he was black.

No one here has suggested that is the case, though, let's just be clear.

Sorry, it must have got lost in translation somewhere cos I was nearly sure you brought up the race thing and everyone else was purely on about point 1 you highlighted earlier. I do get lost in the mire of your arguments, however, so that's on me.