This seems completely open and shut. There isn't a huge amount of misinformation. It wouldn't even be a race issue except for eejits jumping on a BLM wagon that has now come to the fore, completely unnecessarily. You'd swear we have a history of shooting unarmed black people here. He was dangerous, he was armed, he was involved in a stand off and he made an attack. There are no ifs, buts or anything. It actually couldn't be simpler to comprehend.

Try telling that to all the faux outraged gobshites that were tearing it up in Blanch yesterday.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2021, 12:10:03 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 01, 2021, 11:55:51 AM
His younger brother said in an interview that the cops were called to the house many times over Georgie boy.

Not quite what he said though, is it?
QuoteEmmanuel explained that his brother "was mentally ill" and said the family had previously called gardai "to come and check him out".
https://www.thesun.ie/news/6353607/family-george-nkencho-video-shot-dead-gardai/
This is the same lad that said in the interview I read that his bruddah was only brandishing a butter knife. I shudder to think what size the batch loaves are in the Nkencho household.

Quote from: Emphyrio on January 01, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
This seems completely open and shut. There isn't a huge amount of misinformation. It wouldn't even be a race issue except for eejits jumping on a BLM wagon that has now come to the fore, completely unnecessarily.

Are you serious? The amount of anti-immigrant, anti-black discourse flying around social media over this is staggering. Not at all unexpected, since it's been there any time black kids got involved in any criminal activity since long before anyone in Ireland had even heard of BLM, but staggering nonetheless. All of that discourse is fueled in large part by a mix of so far unconfirmed details and confirmed bullshit. Suggesting it's only a race issue because of BLM folk displays literally unbelievable naïvety or wanton ignoring of anti-immigrant sentiment in Ireland.

And @KurtCocaine; get some fucking sleep man - you're the one who initially quoted his brother FFS!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2021, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on January 01, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
This seems completely open and shut. There isn't a huge amount of misinformation. It wouldn't even be a race issue except for eejits jumping on a BLM wagon that has now come to the fore, completely unnecessarily.

Are you serious? The amount of anti-immigrant, anti-black discourse flying around social media over this is staggering.

And @KurtCocaine; get some fucking sleep man - you're the one who initially quoted his brother FFS!

Social media, are YOU serious? Is that what you're trawling through to back up your "argument" or whatever it is? You persist in questioning totally pedantically, as is your wont.

I'll take a leap here and assume you can cook to a certain level. When you're cooking spaghetti bolognese. Do you pore over articles why spaghetti is the type of pasta used, instead of, say, fusilli. Do you research which type of tomatoes should be used. Is it a dilemma if you can't get your hands on fresh oregano and have to resort to dried oregano  ??? ??? Do you have to do more research to validate that due a cold summer this year that shop-bought herbs will suffice this year as difference between fresh and dried is negligible.

I repeat,  He was dangerous, he was armed, he was involved in a stand off and he made an attack. There are no ifs, buts or anything. It actually couldn't be simpler to comprehend. There are no minutae to discuss or labour over.

I'm not "trawling" through social media; misinformation appears in my feed. Misinformation also regularly appears right here on the forum, without me needing to "trawl" for it. Just because it stems from social media, doesn't negate its impact on how people think, quite the opposite (one of the main reasons social media is such a regular subject on traditional media).

You're putting out two arguments, and replying with respect to only one of them:
1) The fact that the guy ended up dead couldn't be simpler to comprehend, since he lunged at police, etc.
I can grant this, no problem, at the very least pending the findings of the investigation. So, put that one to bed.

2) That it wouldn't even be a race issue except for BLM band-wagon jumpers.
But this is just not true. Every crime committed by an immigrant in Ireland instantly becomes a race issue and is instrumentalized to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment, in a way that is neither trivial nor benign. I don't see what is the point in denying this.

I'm only arguing your number 1 point here. You're the one talking about point 2. And I'd be with Emphyrio in that regard. All the rest of it is noise from racists on the right and race baiters on the left. The simple facts of the case are what I'm intsrested in. I used shop regularly in that Spar. The idea that anyone of any colour is brandishing a knife and continues to do so for hours afterwards is simply horrific. These are areas with lots of young families living in them. There were more than likely kids in that shop yesteday and some fucking nutter is attacking the guy at the counter and pulling out a knife? Fuck that. Shoot him as quickly as possible and anyone else who does the same. I would say the same about any oul Paddy spudhead knacker that was acting the same way.

Ah here. Leave the spudheads out of it.  We have enough on our plate.

I'd also add that I experienced unknown levels of thuggery all throughout my childhood and teenage years as I'm sure many Irish people have. The type of thing that simply does not exist in many many places in the world, even in third world countries. The Irish/British/American way of looking at the world seems to believe that this is just normal behaviour. It isn't. We are far too lenient in Ireland on anti social and scumbag behaviour. Whole estates up and down the country full of people are left to suffer a type.of silent intimidation because there's no rule of law when it comes to scum. And a lot of it falls at the door of apologists and anti system types who seem to rage agajnst anything done by the 'mainstream' and yet condone and defend outlandish acts of thuggery like this incident without even blinking. It's pure hypocrisy, and the only people suffering are those who have the misfortune to live in a semi detached next to the lad in this incident.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 01, 2021, 03:06:19 PM
Ah here. Leave the spudheads out of it.  We have enough on our plate.

Never enough spuds on my plate in fairness.

Quote from: Pedrito on January 01, 2021, 03:02:16 PM
I'm only arguing your number 1 point here. You're the one talking about point 2. And I'd be with Emphyrio in that regard. All the rest of it is noise from racists on the right and race baiters on the left. The simple facts of the case are what I'm intsrested in. I used shop regularly in that Spar. The idea that anyone of any colour is brandishing a knife and continues to do so for hours afterwards is simply horrific. These are areas with lots of young families living in them. There were more than likely kids in that shop yesteday and some fucking nutter is attacking the guy at the counter and pulling out a knife? Fuck that. Shoot him as quickly as possible and anyone else who does the same. I would say the same about any oul Paddy spudhead knacker that was acting the same way.

The difference is that if it'd been, say, your average pasty, freckled scumbag who'd done it, you wouldn't have been reading the same kind of (as far as we know so far) totally speculated and/or fabricated details about his criminal past and the nature of what he did. Even the time-frame is being wildly exaggerated, anywhere from 90 minutes to 5 hours, all to amplify the fear of what could have happened to innocents; the alarm was raised around 12:00 midday, he was shot down at 12:35. None of this exaggeration is Chinese whispers; it's all intended to amplify anti-immigrant sentiment. Stop spreading it! The official account is piss easy to find; stick to it until something more concrete is confirmed. Also easy to comprehend, no?