Quote from: Pedrito on December 31, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
He slashed the person in the Spar. Attackd someone else. 90 minutes standoff with the guards asking him to drop his weapon and they shot him when he lunged at a Ban Garda. Beat his missus in the face with a hammer and attacked an elderly woman in the street all in the last few weeks. They couldn't shoot the cunt enough times.

How much of this is confirmed, incidentally? I've seen people on FB sharing a list which is literally just a text document that says, "From a friend in the guards" at the top by means of source. Some of the same people are saying Nkencho slashed the face of someone in the supermarket and are sharing a photo water-marked with the caption "THE BLOKE GEORGE SLASHED FOR DOING HIS JOB."

Since the papers mentioned only a punching and not a knifing, I did a simple reverse image search on it. Oh, look, what a surprise, "patriots" sharing BS to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment even more:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fan-slashed-millwall-game-15744432

#1336 January 01, 2021, 08:08:15 AM Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:16:29 AM by Caomhaoin
That article is almost a year old and is about a (white British) Everton fan having his face slashed during a brawl with (presumabably white British) Millwall fans.

What kind of a fuckin' eejit shares that?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2021, 07:01:53 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on December 31, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
He slashed the person in the Spar. Attackd someone else. 90 minutes standoff with the guards asking him to drop his weapon and they shot him when he lunged at a Ban Garda. Beat his missus in the face with a hammer and attacked an elderly woman in the street all in the last few weeks. They couldn't shoot the cunt enough times.

How much of this is confirmed, incidentally? I've seen people on FB sharing a list which is literally just a text document that says, "From a friend in the guards" at the top by means of source. Some of the same people are saying Nkencho slashed the face of someone in the supermarket and are sharing a photo water-marked with the caption "THE BLOKE GEORGE SLASHED FOR DOING HIS JOB."

Since the papers mentioned only a punching and not a knifing, I did a simple reverse image search on it. Oh, look, what a surprise, "patriots" sharing BS to stir up anti-immigrant sentiment even more:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fan-slashed-millwall-game-15744432

I saw the video of him lunging with a knife at the garda. You love this narrative don't you..just come out and say it. It wouldn't matter what happened the Garda would be wrong. They're drumming this up now to make it George Floyd Irish style despite the fact that our guards only ever use lethal force in extremely rare circumstances. It has nothing to do with the lefty obsession with the States. It's West fucking Dublin where gangs of second generation kids are running the place..a kip of unbelievable proportions. And I lived there so I should know.

I'm not talking about a narrative. I'm talking about the fact that every time something bad happens involving any immigrant population in Ireland (not exclusively, obviously, but that's where we're talking about), there is a concerted effort on the part of certain self-proclaimed "patriots" to spread far and wide misinformation painting the immigrant population in question in the worst possible light, over and above what they may or may not have actually done. For example, photos of crowded immigrants standing at a bus stop being shared when the fruit pickers were flown over, which turned out to be months old and weren't at all signs that these Bulgarians were dirty COVID super-spreaders amongst us. Or, for example, a photo of a hospitalized man with his face slashed being shared with a water-mark caption claiming that he is somebody that in fact he very much absolutely definitely isn't.

So, in light of anti-immigrant misinformation tactics in general, and more specifically in light of discovering that in at least one regard it is already very much happening in this story too, my question was simply how much of the information being shared is actually confirmed. I.e. "he slashed the person in the Spar"; is that confirmed? Maybe yes, maybe no, but I haven't seen it in any official accounts yet. He "beat his missus in the face with a hammer"; is that confirmed? He "attacked an elderly woman in the street"; is that confirmed? The list headed "Friend in the guards" also contains those things, and also says he has 39 previous convictions, but some of the same sources sharing that list - to answer Kev's oddly obvious question - are the same "fuckin' eejits" sharing a photo of a hospitalized Everton fan from 2019 with a caption on it saying it's the manager of a shop in Blanchardstown.

Just to make it perfectly clear: it's absolutely possible that all of those things did actually happen - the guy had a knife and assaulted some people, so of course it's plausible he did a whole load of other heinous shit in his life too. The question is whether they really did though, and I'm asking because there's already some confirmed serious BS circulating.

There's always bullshit circulating. Just look at this absolute race baiter Dr Ebun Joseph jumping on the bandwagon. Again, the right and the left covering themselves in glory..arseholes the lot of them.

All that said, the Garda weren't outside his house because nothing had happened as is being reported by obviously distressed family members and friends. Something very serious happened for a response unit to respond in that way. I saw the video of the lunge. You spend 90 minutes trying to talk a guy down and then he lunges at a female Garda. Let the investigation take place, but I'm sorry, anyone brandishing a knife or glassing people or smashing them with hurleys or whatever your weapon of fancy, I'm no hard jaw but I've seen enough violence in my time to say that the minute you take a knife and probably a.machete out in public well then all bets should be off. That's my own way of seeing things. It might shock others but maybe they don't quite realise the absolute damage someone who is out of control with a weapon can cause.

Still none of which has anything to do with sharing non-confirmed information, some of which may well be misinformation intentionally put out there by the far right. Maybe I'm an exception in being bothered by opportunistic cunts intentionally trying to pawn a lie off as true in order to rope people into spreading their narrative though. Anyway, even though you're not addressing my question directly, what I'm gathering by your answers is that out of everything you related under the belief that they were true, only the lunging at the gardai with the knife is, to your knowledge, actually confirmed. Well, true or not, it is very much being used on social media to reinforce people in their beliefs that this is "just how these animals are" (mildly paraphrased from many things read on social media last night). Just another reason to really make a concerted effort to look for a solid source before even provisionally accepting something as true.

His younger brother said in an interview that the cops were called to the house many times over Georgie boy.
Thankfully no more than 5 bullets were wasted in his culling.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 01, 2021, 11:55:51 AM
His younger brother said in an interview that the cops were called to the house many times over Georgie boy.

Not quite what he said though, is it?
QuoteEmmanuel explained that his brother "was mentally ill" and said the family had previously called gardai "to come and check him out".
https://www.thesun.ie/news/6353607/family-george-nkencho-video-shot-dead-gardai/

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 01, 2021, 12:10:03 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 01, 2021, 11:55:51 AM

Not quite what he said though, is it?
QuoteEmmanuel explained that his brother "was mentally ill" and said the family had previously called gardai "to come and check him out".
https://www.thesun.ie/news/6353607/family-george-nkencho-video-shot-dead-gardai/
Yep, cops love calling round to houses to have the craic with various lads. They've nothing better to be at at all. Carry on....

Jaysus H Christos lad you waste some amount of time and effort trawling the internet to try and give yourself some crumbs of credibility.  :laugh:

With a relatively simple story like this (compared to, say, an international conflict), it takes minutes to get an overview of what is confirmed to be true, what remains speculation or interpretation, and what is confirmed to be false. You could make it trying that out your New Year's Resolution!

I've already made my new year's resolution (I make one every year and unfortunately for you, it's to be an even bigger cunt this year.