Lay of the lad,  lads.*

*unless you like a bit of lad,  in which case fire ahead.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2020, 09:33:26 PM
Lay of the lad,  lads.*

*unless you like a bit of lad,  in which case fire ahead.

I was trying to point out they've been messing with human biochemistry for centuries using all sorts of plants and animal byproducts, it's kind of interesting to read about if you like history. Ok some of it heads close to conspiracy territory, but we're living in odd times so why not anyway.

There's a strong case that Swyer Syndrome is Nature's default, and people with strong masculine or feminine traits are in fact the anomalies, but were bred as a society-constructing caste.

I never used to say 'lad' before I worked with a, eh, person, from Carlow. I tried not to say it but my defences were breached after the 10,000th time he said 'well laaaaaaad'.

Soz

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 07, 2020, 09:43:05 PM
I never used to say 'lad' before I worked with a, eh, person, from Carlow. I tried not to say it but my defences were breached after the 10,000th time he said 'well laaaaaaad'.

Soz

If 'ordinary' people say a thing it's usually a bad thing. This applies to posh people equally. Sometimes I have to catch myself too, either using too many long words in smalltalk, or more recently using 'fuck' 'fucking' 'cunt/cuntish' 'godforsaken' multiple times a sentence. It might be the ageing process.

Quote from: mugz on June 07, 2020, 09:40:01 PM
I was trying to point out they've been messing with human biochemistry for centuries using all sorts of plants and animal byproducts, it's kind of interesting to read about if you like history. Ok some of it heads close to conspiracy territory, but we're living in odd times so why not anyway.

I'd be interested in a book recommendation or two. Intentional and unintentional experimentation with plants and its subsequent "co-evolutionary" effects are pretty fascinating. Speaking of the mushies, McKenna's Food of the Gods is perhaps way off in the specifics of its over-arching conclusion, but the general idea of it - that additions and subsequent subtractions and so on of psychotropic (in the general, it could equally be hormone-altering) elements to the diet -, there's something about that that clicks with an intuition, a gut-feeling, in precisely the strictest sense.

What we all seem to be forgetting in all this is that a black man with a huge phallus literally saved us all from mass hysteria during the Coronavirus lockdown. Sitting with baited breath for the next meme to arrive gave us all something to live for. And in an interesting twist he's now identifying a middle aged Chinese lady.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 07, 2020, 09:17:18 PM
Lay off the mushies lad

I honestly think if we got everyone in the world at once and gave them a right strong dose of mushies, it would be the beginning of the end for a lot of the world's problems.

Or Yokes might be even better. Get Trump, Varadkar, a Mexican, and an Asylum Seeker in Direct Provision, give them all a yoke and let them have at it for the evening together. Or the head of BLM and some KKK wizard and give them 2 each. 2 good ones, youtube for tunes and they would probably sort it all out before the comedown got going in earnest

I honestly dread to think what tunes either Trump or a KKK wizard would want to put on YouTube on yokes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYZaiDZ7BM

#221 June 07, 2020, 10:42:19 PM Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:47:18 PM by astfgyl
fucking lol  :laugh:

Edit: Can't get the picture out of my head

Would ye believe, I know people who enjoy that song without the influence of drugs. Fuckin weirdos.

I like it for its perfectly 90s oddness, as much as I like 90s pop, a fair portion of it, not all,  was memorable for being terrible. Actually not even terrible just really odd.