Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on August 02, 2024, 08:20:48 AMCan't even imagine being her at the moment.

Ah, empathy! So broadly lacking at the moment, seems like half the world is on the spectrum. The asshole end of the spectrum.

If your asshole was on the spectrum would it wipe itself?

Quote from: Ollkiller on August 02, 2024, 09:38:22 AM
Quote from: helmsa on August 02, 2024, 08:59:19 AMPlease enlighten me as to what the reality is then?  He was found to have male chromosomes it's a male vs a woman what is hard about this to understand?

Well from doing minimal research she has DSD. She was born with female genitalia, apparently has her time of the month like other women but people born with DSD can have elevated levels of testosterone. Born and raised a woman as well. Apparently the male chromosome or elevated levels (it's a bit confusing) only come to light during puberty.

The amount of hate directed at her in the last 24 hours is crazy. Especially saying she's trans. Which is not the case at all.

It's almost as if you're saying she's not a criminal after all and there are nuances which seem to be being wilfully and deliberately overlooked so people can get a dig in. Amazing.

May the gods bless Amy Broadhurst (one of two Irish boxers to have previously defeated Khelif) for defending her anyway. Think a good way to settle all this would be to oblige Carini to fight every woman who has ever beaten Khelif and see how many of them she can beat.

This is a complicated situation, and generally speaking such weighty issues are best dealt with by a righteous number from Robb Flynn

(Fe)Male
Lyrics Robb Flynn
Music Machine Head

Misinformation, disinformation,driving me insane
False messiah, pariah, burning in my brain
Got a dick son, fuck yo dick son, living in this pain...
Sloooooooooooooooooow

Etc

A read a few posts on Twitter about this, and it confirmed that as a race, we are fucked.  The sooner aliens, alien AI or our own AI takes over the better. 

I still think trans athletes have an unfair advantage but this one does appear to have a fair bit more nuance to it than that, and brings us back to that question that nobody can answer: what is a woman?

The test used remains undisclosed but I would love to see how it was defined by it.

Hermaphrodites are a very grey area imo but I still think there's no point in the opponent cribbing

If there aren't any cocks, let them box. If you can't find a gee, no medal for thee.

This whole thing has been depressing, seeing the likes of Rowling hop onto it and, even when proven wrong, seeming to just double down.

I've no informed opinions in trend athletes because I'm neither trans nor an athlete, but stuff like DSD I find comfusing in the sporting context. How can you try to regulate that? Do basketball players get disqualified for being too tall? Swimmers with unnaturally  long arms? Madness.

If she has a technical (as yet unmanifested) advantage because of her raised t levels, then.. tough? At least it's not something she can control. It would be way worse if she was deliberately training for years in an effort to unfairly steal an advantage over a less well prepared athlete.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on August 02, 2024, 06:02:31 PMIf there aren't any cocks, let them box. If you can't find a gee, no medal for thee.
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Well played

Quote from: boozegeune on August 02, 2024, 06:06:59 PMThis whole thing has been depressing, seeing the likes of Rowling hop onto it and, even when proven wrong, seeming to just double down.

I've no informed opinions in trend athletes because I'm neither trans nor an athlete, but stuff like DSD I find comfusing in the sporting context. How can you try to regulate that? Do basketball players get disqualified for being too tall? Swimmers with unnaturally  long arms? Madness.

If she has a technical (as yet unmanifested) advantage because of her raised t levels, then.. tough? At least it's not something she can control. It would be way worse if she was deliberately training for years in an effort to unfairly steal an advantage over a less well prepared athlete.

That's absolutely fair, hence the swimmer with webbed feet comment I made a couple back.

The part I'm curious about is what test was used to determine eligibility, given that the IBA said it definitely wasn't testosterone. Did they just feel her up and she had balls or something? OK maybe in bad taste but I'm honestly wondering what it was and why the secrecy around it?

It's crazy how so many have done a complete 180 on Kremlev, and are now ignoring the fact he's a corrupt as fuck Russian gangster, who almost managed to get boxing removed form the Olympics a few years ago.

Given the decisions against O'Rourke and Moorehouse, it's a shame it wasn't pulled.