The little macarena shuffle before getting lamped, gold :laugh:

#6301 August 01, 2024, 08:04:36 PM Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 08:16:44 PM by ldj
Regarding the Algerian boxer in the Olympics...it's mad to see the speed conservative conspiracy theories spread nowadays. People's ability to critically think about what they're reading has well and truly gone to shit. I reckon right wingers have easily taken over the mantle of 'perpetually offended' too.

Also fairly insane considering there is a literal child rapist competing for the Netherlands.

Aye, well said on all counts.

J. K. Rowling needs to be banned from public life. If people want to make noise about stricter and more transparent testing and criteria over testosterone levels, chromosomes, DSD, whatever the fuck, then fine. But to individually target someone who was raised from birth as a girl (all the more so in a country in which it is by far preferable both to have and be a male) and then lived their entire adult life as a woman, by not only repeatedly calling them a man but accusing them of taking male pleasure from inflicting pain on women (!), fucking hell. Her and Linehan and Musk and their tens of thousands of followers... are they "perpetually offended"? I guess so, but seemingly above all in service of being repulsive bullies.

The whole thing falls down anyway when you realise that the losing fighter only complained after they were beaten. If they wanted to make a point they should have refused to get in the ring. No point saying it after because if the result was reversed there'd have been no complaint so it's all moot

Quote from: ldj on August 01, 2024, 08:04:36 PMRegarding the Algerian boxer in the Olympics...it's mad to see the speed conservative conspiracy theories spread nowadays. People's ability to critically think about what they're reading has well and truly gone to shit. I reckon right wingers have easily taken over the mantle of 'perpetually offended' too.

Also fairly insane considering there is a literal child rapist competing for the Netherlands.
what 'conservative conspiracy' is being spread?  All I've seen is people saying it shouldn't have been allowed to happen which it shouldn't.  Its a male vs a woman no matter what way you frame it. 

Quote from: helmsa on August 02, 2024, 08:02:10 AM
Quote from: ldj on August 01, 2024, 08:04:36 PMRegarding the Algerian boxer in the Olympics...it's mad to see the speed conservative conspiracy theories spread nowadays. People's ability to critically think about what they're reading has well and truly gone to shit. I reckon right wingers have easily taken over the mantle of 'perpetually offended' too.

what 'conservative conspiracy' is being spread?  All I've seen is people saying it shouldn't have been allowed to happen which it shouldn't.  Its a male vs a woman no matter what way you frame it. 

Except for if you have to frame it within the bounds of reality.

Fucking mass hysteria bullshit. Can't even imagine being her at the moment.

Does anyone know what the failed test consisted of?

Please enlighten me as to what the reality is then?  He was found to have male chromosomes it's a male vs a woman what is hard about this to understand?

Quote from: astfgyl on August 02, 2024, 08:29:14 AMDoes anyone know what the failed test consisted of?

No, the results were never published.

Quote from: helmsa on August 02, 2024, 08:59:19 AMPlease enlighten me as to what the reality is then?  He was found to have male chromosomes it's a male vs a woman what is hard about this to understand?

Well from doing minimal research she has DSD. She was born with female genitalia, apparently has her time of the month like other women but people born with DSD can have elevated levels of testosterone. Born and raised a woman as well. Apparently the male chromosome or elevated levels (it's a bit confusing) only come to light during puberty.

The amount of hate directed at her in the last 24 hours is crazy. Especially saying she's trans. Which is not the case at all.

Is it the equivalent then of a swimmer being born with webbed feet?