Joey Barton getting charged for saying mean things about a couple of crap commentators.  :laugh:

Barton also had to pay Jeremy Vine £75,000 recently because he called him a "bike nonce" on twitter and a judge decided it was defamatory.   

Quote"The charges relate to reports of alleged malicious communications online, between Monday 1 January and Thursday 18 January."- Cheshire Police

One of the tweets by Barton said "How is she even talking about men's football? She can't even kick a ball properly. Your coverage of the game EFC last night, took it to a new low. Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward, the Fred and Rose West of football commentary."

Aluko claims some of the tweets which compared her to Stalin and Fred and Rose West were 'one of the worst cases of social media abuse I've ever experienced.'

I won't be laughing at this because it isn't the right thing to do. I shall suppress the urge.

This some of the calming and soothing techniques broadcast on national radio about the protesters in Coolock.

Also, Mary Lou hasn't a clue. The Coolock lads are going to embolden many, whether one agrees with them or not.

The rhetoric on the radio will also only serve to embolden those it demonises, whether one agrees with it or not.

The words are from a journalist from the Indo, Paul Williams, on the Pat Kenny Show... if anyone else is wondering as I was.

What did ML say?

Paul Williams is an absolute asshat and always has been. He has utter disdain for the working class. The rhetoric has really ramped up. Sure the KKK are mentoring the far right  :laugh: 

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2024/07/24/former-ku-klux-klan-grand-dragon-is-mentoring-irish-far-right-extremists/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=HP-SubDesc

I knew the government/MSM/gardai would double down....not a good look with the public order unit making Coolock look like Derry from 40 years ago. We've seen them be extremely heavy handed against elderly protestors who pose zero threat and I've seen numerous videos of clear assaults from Gardai that definitely should be pursued. Plenty of those riot squad look like they want a crack a head and too happy to do so and some with English accents makes you wonder wtf are they playing at. The optics are all wrong and it's escalating the issues on the ground, not solving them.

Yet with all this huge garda presence, the most guarded building in the country has been torched how many times now the past week? Doesn't make sense. I do not condone the arson or any violent behaviour obviously. But the reaction by the state will only lead us down a much worse path. And to politicians, how many people does it take to say no that they would stop this? Democratic vote is needed in my opinion to quell this.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM

While he's a sensationalist writer and comes across very similar to Michael O'Leary, all of what he's said there is accurate from what I've seen. But in his discussion with Pat Kenny, it's much more balanced and lays most of the blame on the government.

#6248 July 24, 2024, 11:57:49 AM Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 12:01:06 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: The Butcher on July 24, 2024, 10:35:53 AMThe optics are all wrong and it's escalating the issues on the ground, not solving them.

The optics are all wrong if the intent is other than escalating the issues on the ground rather than solving them, since imo the only workable and, above all, available solutions are those proposed by the opposition. In that perspective, it remains in FFG's best interests, unless they wish to capitulate to said opposition, to do everything they can to push the protestors to continue amplifying their anti-immigrant rhetoric and subsequent criminal activities. Things like this in Dundalk yesterday, again, great for how FFG evidently want to handle it all. The majority of Irish people, directly or via media, are witnessing more criminal activity from protestors than they ever have from immigrants. Playing their role so, so well, and apparently none of the far right wannabe politicians can see this well enough to call a halt.
https://x.com/IrishRebel1965/status/1815806543209619496

Quote from: Emphyrio on July 24, 2024, 11:42:47 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 23, 2024, 09:30:21 PM

While he's a sensationalist writer and comes across very similar to Michael O'Leary, all of what he's said there is accurate from what I've seen. But in his discussion with Pat Kenny, it's much more balanced and lays most of the blame on the government.

I agree about the accuracy of those comments applying to a certain cohort among the protestors I mean how are they able to be there anyway other than not being at work for a start? Otherwise though I still think the rhetoric will embolden many who may have been undecided about whether to turn sour or not because they will feel they are being tarred with the same brush.

The real issue in a lot of these places as I see it is that they keep getting offered engagement and dialogue but only with the predetermined outcome of still having to accept it no matter what. Yes, we will talk to you but you have no way to submit objections because we've circumvented the planning laws with the intention of lining our friends' pockets and you will simply have to learn to like it no matter what sort of talking we do with you. Of course, if any place gets to say no then all hell will break loose everywhere else so I can see why the government can't allow it too.

At the end of the day though, if it's a demographic issue due to falling birth rates and inability to fill the pension pot, then someone needs to come out and say it and put an end to the mad theories but of course that will never happen

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 24, 2024, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: The Butcher on July 24, 2024, 10:35:53 AMThe optics are all wrong and it's escalating the issues on the ground, not solving them.

The optics are all wrong if the intent is other than escalating the issues on the ground rather than solving them, since imo the only workable and, above all, available solutions are those proposed by the opposition. In that perspective, it remains in FFG's best interests, unless they wish to capitulate to said opposition, to do everything they can to push the protestors to continue amplifying their anti-immigrant rhetoric and subsequent criminal activities. Things like this in Dundalk yesterday, again, great for how FFG evidently want to handle it all. The majority of Irish people, directly or via media, are witnessing more criminal activity from protestors than they ever have from immigrants. Playing their role so, so well, and apparently none of the far right wannabe politicians can see this well enough to call a halt.
https://x.com/IrishRebel1965/status/1815806543209619496

Far right wannabes aside, I would not be in any way surprised if there were a few paid agitators here and there to get the desired result of quelling the rebellion but I'd never be able to prove that so I guess it's idle speculation at best

I would be surprised: it's not necessary to subvert a movement via paid agitators in a situation where the leaders of that movement are endlessly agitating its members/followers/taggers-along themselves. For example, I just popped over to Patrick Quinlan's twitter page there to see what I could see from last couple of days, and there's this tweet he RT'd from McGregor only yesterday:

QuoteMass invasion of a country is an act of war.

https://x.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1815771181896597893

He's started a label with Bone Thugs n Harmony as a signing. Wild and interesting.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 24, 2024, 02:11:47 PMI would be surprised: it's not necessary to subvert a movement via paid agitators in a situation where the leaders of that movement are endlessly agitating its members/followers/taggers-along themselves. For example, I just popped over to Patrick Quinlan's twitter page there to see what I could see from last couple of days, and there's this tweet he RT'd from McGregor only yesterday:

QuoteMass invasion of a country is an act of war.

https://x.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1815771181896597893

Well mass invasion of a country probably is an act of war, but who is invading? I think they should be focusing on the treason aspect of things rather than the supposed invaders, although the 1937 act should also put paid to those accusations as defined in Irish law. I mean like what, are Somalia sending troops to Ireland or something? Well obviously not but are the Irish government deliberately working for their own interests rather than the interests of the state itself? Well one could say yes but then that has been the norm for many decades and also doesn't constitute treason, oddly enough.

The point was about agitation and violence. There is so much observable agitating from the leaders that tbh looking anywhere else for explanations for the violence and arson, etc., could seem more like denialism about the far right actually being a movement (albeit small) in Ireland, a movement with identifiable leaders who demonstrably and willfully agitate their followers. The far right are talking about invasions and plantations because they want people turned against immigrants rather than against the government. Sure, they want them against the government too, but more than anything they want them against foreigners.