This thread needs to be moved onto the main forum. It's got legs......

Well, this escalated quickly. In regards to the OP it sounds like drunk dickhead behaviour. Well lads, just be glad we're not Tans, never saw more bored or jaded audiences than London shows.

Anyway..... have a great weekend fellow Metal Wankers...

Majority of lads at gigs are grand.
I did find some of the muckers and pie balls at Behemoth and Wolves though last year,some more annoying as a result of being off their tits.

Last time i saw knuckles being properly scrop along the floor was in Fibbers after the last Slayer show.

Id imagine the Orcs  will be out in force for Sunstroke in the summer!

I am a country lad but am very refined. I read books, listen to classical music, rarely clap along to the exhortations of the lead singer at gigs because at 46 I'm really beyond all that.
I would say the Dublin scum knackers at gigs would be my biggest issue.

Haven't found the majority to be wankers at all.  Quite the opposite, most I've met have been at least a bit sound. But then again I haven't really been arsed going to the big gigs generally, so would know a lot people at gigs anyway.

It's rare enough I get to a gig these days but from what I've seen recently, there's far less of a scrotey element attending. Def saw much more hassle at gigs in the 90s.

Quote from: Scáthach on January 31, 2020, 08:50:41 PM
Well, this escalated quickly. In regards to the OP it sounds like drunk dickhead behaviour. Well lads, just be glad we're not Tans, never saw more bored or jaded audiences than London shows.

Went to see Rush in Wembley arena years ago and it was the tamest, most depressing experience ever. Everyone seated, all on their best behaviour, the real middle class prog crowd that I had read about in magazines and books over the years..awful. Thank Christ I saw them a few years later in Dublin. The crowd was electric, I was locked, the band in great form. One of the best gigs I ever went to. So yeah, it's rock n roll.at the end of the day, some chick giving blowjobs in Slane or lads wearing backpacks in the moshpit, fuck it you can always move or avert your eyes but at least you'd have a story to tell afterwards. The London thing was like a bag of mouldy chips in comparison.

Had seating tickets at the last slayer gig, some geezer in the seats section was lit drunk and fell on the stairs, and was a bit abusive to the people around him, wouldn't be sitting at a gig again in fairness, totally lacked the buzz of being on the floor and there were a fair few couples were you could notice the bird had no interest in slayer

The common denominator between metallers and mongolism seems to be Slayuuuurrrr!

Quote from: Doctor Crippen on February 01, 2020, 06:40:21 PMthere were a fair few couples were you could notice the bird had no interest in slayer

A friend of mine from work who is completely loved up has recently started taking his new missus to metal gigs, which isn't her preferred choice of music by all accounts. I haven't a clue what either of them get out of this arrangement to be honest.

Quote from: John Kimble on February 01, 2020, 08:39:42 PM
Quote from: Doctor Crippen on February 01, 2020, 06:40:21 PMthere were a fair few couples were you could notice the bird had no interest in slayer

A friend of mine from work who is completely loved up has recently started taking his new missus to metal gigs, which isn't her preferred choice of music by all accounts. I haven't a clue what either of them get out of this arrangement to be honest.

Well you'd assume that he goes to gigs with her or something similar that he doesn't like because maybe they want to go these things with each other and experience what the other person likes and see them enjoying themselves.

Leaving her at home works for us, win win for both of us 😀