Good calls on Godflesh, Burzum and FNM.
Illud.. was Morbid Angels comeback and it is dogshit. Dodheimsgard with A Umbra Omega, which I feel is their strongest.

Didn't see the Godflesh mentioned, but it was excellent alright.

Sanctuary - The Year the Sun Died, although I'm a massive fan of Warrel Dane so could be a bit biased

Oh, good call. The only Sanctuary album I actually liked, a shame he died before they could follow it up.

Apart from those mentioned previously (Beherit, Burzum, Celtic Frost ) Dissection -Reinkaos deserves a shout out. Arguably the weakest release in their discography but is still a banger of a record.

Slayer - Reign in Blood
Burzum -Aske
Morbid Angel - Entangled in Chaos
Tool -Aenima
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 09, 2020, 05:57:54 PM
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Burzum -Aske
Morbid Angel - Entangled in Chaos
Tool -Aenima
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

:laugh:

Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 09, 2020, 05:38:12 PM
Apart from those mentioned previously (Beherit, Burzum, Celtic Frost ) Dissection -Reinkaos deserves a shout out. Arguably the weakest release in their discography but is still a banger of a record.

I mentioned Reinkaos. Gets a bad rap from the die-hards due to the more polished production and mid-tempo, commercial sounding songs.
I played the fuck out of it when it came out. I know it as well as the other two.
Went to see the last gig in Stockholm in 2006 on me lonesome, great gig.
It was professionally filmed but hasn't been released for some reason.

Heathen's The Evolution of Chaos.

Akercocke - Renaissance in Extremis
Class comeback album, up there with their best stuff.  New Sacred Reich is quality too. Love how natural the production sounds. Another 1 up for Monotheist too. Hot take depending on who you ask but its Celtic Frost's best album in my opinion.  It doesn't bother me that much that they didn't follow it up as at least sonically the Triptykon stuff does.

Quote from: TurnTheAirBlue on January 09, 2020, 06:30:10 PM
Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 09, 2020, 05:38:12 PM

I mentioned Reinkaos. Gets a bad rap from the die-hards due to the more polished production and mid-tempo, commercial sounding songs.
I played the fuck out of it when it came out. I know it as well as the other two.
Went to see the last gig in Stockholm in 2006 on me lonesome, great gig.
It was professionally filmed but hasn't been released for some reason.

Is there not a DVD of that?

No, that's the 2004 reunion gig.

The real question is what's the comeback album of the decade? :abbath: : ;D

Surprised The Sciences by Sleep hasn't been mentioned.

"Sound of Perseverance" since I think it was originally meant to be the first Control Denied album.