Quote from: Juggz on October 02, 2019, 04:03:18 PM
I was charged $2.38 for trying to think of a tax-based Slayer pun to reply with.

On special offer right now...

Metal Storm/Face the Payer.
Billing Fields.
Jesus Saves (on tax).
Angel of Debt.
Err, Disintegration/Free Money.

:abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: Bogmetaller on September 28, 2019, 07:25:11 AM
Quote from: leatherface on September 28, 2019, 12:57:13 AM
'Killing Fields' is a very overlooked song, such a great buildup. 25 years ago this was a much listened to album for me, however nowadays I appreciate the earlier albums more. Tastes change I guess.

Top five Slayer song for me - and the solo at the end is orgasmic. Pity they didn't have more solos like this instead of the wall of sound stuff they normally went for.

An all time classic song. Pure unadulterated aggression. I used play it at full blast every morning before going to school in 5th year and my parents and teachers wondered why I was distracted and uniterested. The day could only go downhill after that massive high  :laugh:

The Odeon in Waterford is showing the Repentless thing tomorrow, looks like Limerick also. It's possibly on elsewhere with other cinema chains? They were truly shit at Bloodstock touring this but it's seldom you get to hear this kind of music through a cinema soundsystem so I'm tempted to head along.

https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/films/slayer_the_repentless_killogy/18837/

Quote from: Juggz on November 05, 2019, 11:13:13 AM
The Odeon in Waterford is showing the Repentless thing tomorrow, looks like Limerick also. It's possibly on elsewhere with other cinema chains? They were truly shit at Bloodstock touring this but it's seldom you get to hear this kind of music through a cinema soundsystem so I'm tempted to head along.

Pretty sure Cineworld on Parnell street and Vue in Liffey valley are showing it cover the Dublin heads. Cant say I give a shite about seeing the three music videos from repentless but the live footage should make it worthwhile! They nailed it when they came to the 3arena, they're one of those bands that just don't really work outdoors in my eyes

Going to see Slayer in MSG on Saturday - flying out from Dublin at half four in the evening Friday and landing at Dublin on Monday at quarter to four in the morning and then straight into work - had to see them one last time though!

Quote from: Bogmetaller on November 06, 2019, 04:33:30 PM
Going to see Slayer in MSG on Saturday - flying out from Dublin at half four in the evening Friday and landing at Dublin on Monday at quarter to four in the morning and then straight into work - had to see them one last time though!
I personally can't wait for the 'Farewell Farewell Tour' in 18 months time.

Quote from: Juggz on November 05, 2019, 11:13:13 AM

How was the turn out for this, just out of curiosity (asks the guy trying to book a gig for his vaguely-metal-adjacent band in Waterford :laugh:)

It was absolutely pissing down when I left work and any enthusiasm I had for driving to Waterford drained out of me, sorry man  :laugh:

That's OK. I was in Waterford and didn't bother my are.

#84 March 28, 2020, 01:18:59 PM Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:31:47 PM by Bogmetaller
Jesus Christ King is some prick.

Quote from: Bogmetaller on March 28, 2020, 01:18:59 PM
Jesus Christ King is some prick.
What did he do on you now petal?

Took down the photo cause it was too big - basically Johnny araya has been selling slayer pins/badges of the Eagle logo but instead of slayer it says later "LATER" - obviously in referring to their retirement. Araya put up a post on Instagram saying kerry Kings lawyers sent him a letter saying if he didn't stop selling them he'd be sued! He's Toms bro and was a slayer roadie since the 80s!!!!

Well he's right to protect his brand no? Yer man making money off of something he has contributed nothing to. King is totally in tbe right there.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 29, 2020, 12:29:54 AM
Well he's right to protect his brand no? Yer man making money off of something he has contributed nothing to. King is totally in tbe right there.

Ah goway - selling a badge at 20 dollars a pop for a band you worked for for 30 years and that your brother sang for? He isn't going to be making millions from it and at a time when roadies have no work do you honestly think Kerry Kings Bank balance is going to be affected? Interesting to note he had no problem with it until the band were officially retired- possibly didn't want to piss off Tom.

The thing with trademark law is you have to protect it in order to keep it. If Slayer don't take action, it opens the door for everyone to utilise it. No choice at all, really.