Diabolus is a game of two half for me, first five or so songs are pretty enjoyable then it's time for 40 winks.

Had South of heaven on for the first time in a long while, probably my favourite Slayer album at this stage. Can't think of another thrash album where the drums so emphatically steal the show. Such a phenomenal performance on an outstanding album.

'Decade of Aggression' on now, great selection of material up until and including the 'Seasons of the Abyss' days

#47 June 26, 2019, 03:24:11 AM Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:36:05 AM by Carnage
Quote from: Mr Moonlight on June 22, 2019, 06:29:35 PMHad South of heaven on for the first time in a long while, probably my favourite Slayer album at this stage. Can't think of another thrash album where the drums so emphatically steal the show. Such a phenomenal performance on an outstanding album.
Definitely my favourite and far superior to any of the preceding three. The best production they've ever had, particularly on the drums, heaviest they've ever sounded too.

The variety suits it, the slower and mid-paced tracks have that much more impact after the pure assault of RIB, but that said - Ghosts Of War could have been lifted from there no bother. Even the cover song is deadly.

Last dates announced there. Have to say the lineup  is probably the weakest of the whole campaign

Primus
Ministry
Phil Anselmo and the Illegals

Primus would be my pick of the bunch but not sure about seeing them at a Slayer show???

Primus have an awful amount of shite released after the first few albums (post-Pork Soda, basically), though. I couldn't get excited about seeing them nowadays.

Apparently Anselmo and that shite band are doing Pantera sets for this run, that'll draw some people.

Ministry have been laughable for a while now. Rio Grande Blood was only passable, and they've been shit since.

Yeah Anselmo is in Laughable condition. Ministry are pure dirt.

Might fly over for the new york show - flights are only 320 return. Still don't think these will be their last shows though

No, they'll definitely stretch this out as long as they can. As bad as their relationship is now, I can see a Lombardo reunion on the cards at some stage. Money talks.

Doubt it lads. Araya is beyond done with it, Lombardo hasn't a hope of ever getting another cent from them. Slayer don't do sentimentality!

And besides Kings already dropping clues in respect to his brodude project for next year. Odds on Anselmo will sing.

I dont think they'll ever tour again and I can't see Lombardo being involved with them either but I think they will do the festival circuit in two or three years! The likes of Wacken and Hellfest etc etc.....

Quote from: Bogmetaller on July 10, 2019, 03:49:51 PM
I dont think they'll ever tour again and I can't see Lombardo being involved with them either but I think they will do the festival circuit in two or three years! The likes of Wacken and Hellfest etc etc.....
I'd say they'd have to give it a least five years before any pension top up shows, but I wouldn't be surprised if they never did more. Araya just seems sick of the whole thing

yeah Araya does seem well bored of the whole touring thing. Age catches up on us all!

At least K.King has the option to rekindle his love of  Sum 41 might get another fantastic collaboration  :laugh:   

Might try to make the trip to one of the shows missed the last Slayer gig in my area last year because it was outdoor and Bolzer were playing the same night.

I want to see Phil and the illegals and Ministry are also currently playing songs from the land of rape and honey saw them last December and they played Stigmata, The Missing, Deity and Rape and honey (Which is my favourite Ministry track and I never thought I would hear it live).

This was going to be JJ Yeley's car in the NASCAR race tonight:

Then the car showed up at the track, with PODS logos rather than Slayer on it.

"Today, reportedly due to reactionary concerns from other long-time participating sponsors, Slayer has been pulled as the primary sponsor," the band said in a release.
Rick Ware Racing said its image and beliefs and those of its longtime partners did not align with Slayer's and that "there were no contracts or monetary transactions between either parties. As a team owner, we thought it would be best to forgo the partnership," the statement said. "RWR wishes nothing but the best to Slayer and their fans and wishes the band a successful Final World Tour."

Yeley's a guy who's basically done fuck all in his career, and this car would have trundled round in about 30th place all night, but it would have been cool to see it. Yet they kept the paint scheme. Fucking weak.

It's a shame. Their synergies seemed so aligned.

"It's exciting and awesome that Rick and the boys are wearing the Slayer banner making us a part of NASCAR history!" commented Tom Araya.

"NASCAR racing and Slayer have a lot in common. Both are extremely fast, intense and aggressive.  I can think of nothing more rad than seeing the Slayer logo on Rick's car with JJ behind the wheel. I'm sure Disciples of everyone involved will be completely stoked on the bond between these two fierce entities!," commented Kerry King.