Los Domingos, Spanish film, set in present day, about a teenager who feels the call to become a nun. Very nicely made, questioning yet respectful.

Pumpkinhead

Starting off the Halloween season more or less now. I already watched The Evil Dead, but I talked about it last year a decent bit. Still an absolute classic.

Pumpkinhead has always been one of those films I want to like more than I actually do. It's solid and enjoyable, but could have been great. Definitely has a great Autumnal feel about it though, good mood setter.

L'Histoire de Souleymane/Souleymane's Story (2024)

Gut- and heart-wrenching stuff, powerfully projects the viewer into the human experience behind so many immigrants' daily lives.

Quote from: Carnage on September 27, 2026, 09:47:08 PMI just watched that new Unabomber film there, not great TBH. Framed as the psychological experiments he was part of in college being the trigger that sent him on his path. Russell Crowe phoning it in as the head of the experiments and Shailene Woodley in yet another wooden performance as the FBI analyst who pins Kaczynski as the bomber. I wouldn't bother, watch the series with Sam Worthington and Paul Bettany instead.

Yep, not up to much at all.

Saw Digger tonight - new Tom Cruise film, went in with no prior knowledge, I thought it was brilliant but seems to be receiving a very mixed response, well worth watching.

Quote from: ldj on Today at 01:31:12 AMSaw Digger tonight - new Tom Cruise film, went in with no prior knowledge, I thought it was brilliant but seems to be receiving a very mixed response, well worth watching.

I'd say the Ellison's are probably boosting the online rage towards it so they can have more to write off while merging Warners & Paramount.

Looking forward to it as I always enjoy when Cruise goes against type.