Between the queue for the merch stall and the price of the shirts I had a cursory look and moved one. Bought a few tour T-shirts onlinebefore the gig for about €20 less inc. postage.

Quote from: The Heretic on June 26, 2023, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: Carnage on June 25, 2023, 04:57:29 PMDeath Of The Celts was the lowpoint for the new songs alright, but it sounded OK live. I wish to fuck they'd dump Fear Of The Dark though, how that's regarded as a 'classic' I can't fathom. Awful song, straight to the jacks for that one.

Always thought Fear Of The Dark was a bit shite myself...

It's good for the singalong, but tis a bit long in the tooth.

Went to the merch stall before the support band and after the gig didn't wait that long either time. The queue for the stand as you walked in looked ridiculously long but just went to the other one on the floor and it was fine.

Most fun I've had at a maiden show probably ever thought the setlist was unreal can't believe people are complaining about it. Highlights for me were opening with CSIT and hell on earth in the encore. Can I play with madness and Alexander the Great were also very good. Bruce has been in the gym he looks about 10 years younger than he did on the last leg of the LOTB tour and he sounds excellent, holding the note at the end of Alexander the Great he sounded very strong.

There's something a little bit sad about these photos of Blaze in the audience of the London show that are doing the rounds

Quote from: Mithrandir on July 06, 2023, 06:46:30 AMThere's something a little bit sad about these photos of Blaze in the audience of the London show that are doing the rounds

I always thought it was strange that they never got him an opening slot on one of their tours. They got their offspring but why not him? Maybe they think it would be insult to injury but for all that's happened, Blaze has never been bitter or slung any dirt at them and always speaks positively of Harris and the guys.

QuoteI always thought it was strange that they never got him an opening slot on one of their tours

I'd imagine that wouldn't have worked for a multitude of reasons, and mentally speaking how could you go from fronting the band to a 25 min support slot, it'd be completely demoralising.

That said, I do think they were supportive of him when he left, didn't Harris sort out a lot of label/management stuff for him for Silicon Messiah. There's only so much they could've done really.