October 06, 2022, 09:34:52 AM Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:06:28 AM by Pain Medicine
Tickets starting at €85.50

Iron Maiden will be bringing a new tour to Europe in the Summer of 2023 including arena shows in the UK & Ireland. THE FUTURE PAST TOUR will feature previously unperformed songs from the band's most recent studio album, Senjutsu along with a focus on 1986's iconic Somewhere In Time record, plus other classic cuts.
Iron Maiden will play 3Arena on 24 June 2023.
Says founder member and bassist Steve Harris,
"Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn't make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we've decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn't feature in the various retrospective history tours we've played over the years. They were based on our 80's concert videos and sadly we did not film that tour (blame the manager!!). We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them, plus of course a few others we know you will like! It will also be particularly satisfying to finally get to play some of the more epic tracks on Senjutsu, it's been a long wait! 2023 is going to be an exciting time and we're really looking forward to seeing everyone again in the UK, Ireland and around Europe".
Manager, Rod Smallwood adds,
"This combination of the two albums we feel is very exciting. We know fans want to hear those epic cuts on Senjutsu for the first time live and we think that by combining it with an iconic album like Somewhere In Time it will make for another really special tour for fans old and new! Of course, for a new album tour in Europe and the UK we will go back largely to the relative intimacy of arenas and we know fans will be very happy about that too!"
The band are currently in North America in the final stages of their spectacular Legacy Of The Beast World Tour, interrupted for two years by Covid with many shows rescheduled twice. The tour actually started in Tallin, Estonia in May 2018, the first of 139 shows in 33 countries. By the last show in Tampa, Florida on Oct 27 this year the band will have played to over THREE MILLION fans on this epic world tour.

Will we finally get Alexander The Great? Probably not but it sounds decent regardless.

Delighted to see this.
Somewhere in time is one of my favourite Maiden albums.
Always wanted to hear the loneliness of the long distance runner live.

Dunno which songs from SIT. Looks like Alexander the Great finally cause Bruce and Nicko have spoken about it a lot recently. Stranger in a Strange Land was played in the backing of the video for the tour announcement.

Unreal..My favourite maiden album of all time..hopefully they kept the Gallien Krueger amps for this..Will respect them more if they dont play Alexander the Great after all this to be honest ;D

3 presales are up, general sales Friday 14th.

The Cure in December was going to be my last gig but I can't pass this up.

Broke the bank on Depeche Mode but in fairness that's a cool tour concept, a shit hot poster and it's a Saturday night!

SiT is probably my favourite Maiden album, but I hate the idea of spending €100 on one concert. Might wait to see what the setlist is like before getting a ticket

I felt the urge to check for gigs today. Eddie must have been calling me.

#10 October 08, 2022, 12:04:29 AM Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 12:06:32 AM by vinterland
Unbelievable news. Is never a bad thing to reminisce on the year that gave us Reign in Blood, Master of Puppets, Pleasure to Kill and Darkness Descends. That's before I even mention what I deem is Maiden's most underrated album from their classic 80's discography. Saturday night is an added bonus but may be tempered somewhat by the fumble in the greasy till mentality of the hotel chains. I may finally have to shell out on Senjutsu. Been putting if off long enough. Couldn't make Belfast last June as had to take infants to second class on a school tour to Tayto Park the follwing morning but there's no way this will be missed.

You missed Game Over, the year's best thrash release.

I'm just looking forward to the SIT tracks, but I'm hoping it's not just the usual.ones (Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait etc.) plus Stranger... and another token one. Deep cuts, that's what we need.

Thinking of flying home for this, depending on the price of flights. Iron Maiden are my favourite band but I think Stranger in a strange land is an awful song, hopefully they skip that one in favour or something else.

Any southern brethren help a nordie out with a 3Plus presale link/code?

Missus picked up tickets this morning. Woo hoo !  :abbath:  :abbath: