It was great everything I was expecting. Just a shame this is my first and most likely last time seeing them. Could of done with another song instead of the solo Angus did but sure you are always going to get a guitar or drum solo of some sort at these bigger shows.

Way better than I was expecting them to be on the last show of the tour. Absolutely fuckin brilliant. Had kinda shitty seats so couldn't see the whole stage but they sounded fantastic. Killer setlist but agreed that they could have thrown in Problem Child or It's a Long Way to the Top instead of the extended solo

Really enjoyable gig and thanks to Don here for a late ticket. First gig in CP and worked really well for me. Highlights: Riff raff, High Voltage, DDDDC, If you want blood and Hells Bells. Been at tonnes of gigs and this one zipped by. Surely a good sign. KK's Priest next up.

It was so much better than I thought it would be, brilliant in fact, the crowd were so up for it, never seen as many standing in the seat section of a gig before, right from the off and all the way the end. Reminded of that River Plate video at times. Sure the solo went on for a bit, but it was exquisite, and it's probably to give Brian's voice a rest as much as anything. Stiff upper lip was great to hear, didn't expect that one. Was nearly in tears at the end, not sure if it was sheer joy and elation at what I had just heard and witnessed or was it beacause of the relisation that this could well be the end of era.... Who knows if I'll ever see them again. That was 5th time, stretching back to 90's.

Quote from: Uinsion on August 19, 2024, 11:39:13 AMIt was so much better than I thought it would be, brilliant in fact, the crowd were so up for it, never seen as many standing in the seat section of a gig before, right from the off and all the way the end. Reminded of that River Plate video at times. Sure the solo went on for a bit, but it was exquisite, and it's probably to give Brian's voice a rest as much as anything. Stiff upper lip was great to hear, didn't expect that one. Was nearly in tears at the end, not sure if it was sheer joy and elation at what I had just heard and witnessed or was it beacause of the relisation that this could well be the end of era.... Who knows if I'll ever see them again. That was 5th time, stretching back to 90's, and been listening since If You Want Blood.

I don't know how an edit appeared as a reply  :laugh: still floating.....

#157 August 19, 2024, 12:58:34 PM Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 01:00:13 PM by Lunar blood
Glad ye enjoyed it. Got placed in the upper Hogan stand side of stage. There were no vocals, echoing drums and muddled guitar. I feel bad for the 30 or so rows of people to the left of me because I couldn't hear a thing and couldn't see most of the stage so I could imagine what they got. Total joke. Had to leave and watched by an exit more toward centre so I got some of it by the end thankfully. Show was stellar though, lights and fireworks, class. On the upside, went for a drive through the Wicklow mountains the next day which was lovely 😄

Fantastic gig. Agreed the sound was poor for the first half hour but got much better. At one stage you could see Angus giving out to whatever sound engineer on the right of him.

Never got to see them until now but was worth the wait. Would have much preferred to see them in the point as croker is mad for the queues.