Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory and Injury

Continues to floor me every time I revisit it.

Quote from: Carnage on December 28, 2019, 01:59:09 AM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 27, 2019, 06:47:07 AM
Quote from: Carnage on December 27, 2019, 02:24:39 AM
I'll have a think this time next year when it's the end of the decade.
This.....

It's really not, but have your fun this year guys.  :laugh:

Except it is. Would you say an album released in 1990 came out in the 80s?

A decade is a period of ten years, the 0 year is a full year itself, therefore 0 to 9 is a period of ten years.

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
Acid Reign - Age Of Entitlement
Gentlemans Pistols - Hustler's Row
Cattle Decapitation - The Anthropocene Extinction
Beyond Creation - The Aura
Napalm Death - Utilitarian
Carcass - Surgical Steel
Inquiring Blood - Born In a Grave
Entheos - Dark Future
Lord Dying - Mysterium Tremendum
Mastodon - The Hunter

Quote from: Emphyrio on December 28, 2019, 01:13:40 PM
How is it confusing people?
There was no year zero. There was 1BC and then 1 AD which is the first year of the first decade of the calendar we have used for the last two millennia.
Because there was no Year Zero, the first decade of the common era (CE or AD) was years 1 to 10, the second decade was years 11 to 20, and the next decade will be years 2021 to 2030.

At least this thread will be still going for another 12 months at least.  :laugh:

Jesus H fucking Christ, lads.

Quote from: Juggz on December 28, 2019, 09:52:15 PM
Jesus H fucking Christ, lads.
What Juggz? Should be able to pack another 50 or so titles into this thread over the next year. This is great news.  :laugh:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 28, 2019, 09:40:08 PM
There was no year zero. There was 1BC and then 1 AD which is the first year of the first decade of the calendar we have used for the last two millennia.
Because there was no Year Zero, the first decade of the common era (CE or AD) was years 1 to 10, the second decade was years 11 to 20, and the next decade will be years 2021 to 2030.

So Rust in Peace was the best album of the 80s, released in 1990?  :-\

Sake lads, its accepted that a decade is the 0-9

Anyway a few more that sprang to mind

Xoth - Interdimensional Invocations. Could be a bit of recency bias, but I've had this on nearly non stop for the last while

Ihsahn - Arktis. Could probably pick any of the stuff he put out, just really like the artwork on this

Sepultura - Machine Messiah. Absolutely baffling people still want Max back, there's no chance he could ever do something this good these days

Love Machine Messiah and Arktis. Celestial Violence is a stomper of a song.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 28, 2019, 09:40:08 PM

Wasn't our calender system only adopted in something like the 5th century? So it's ultimately arbitrary and man made anyway (like most things), but common practice since long before any of us were born is to count from 0 to 9, inclusive.

But a valid point raised by myself and another poster above - so ye consider albums released in 1990 part of the 80s?

#29 December 29, 2019, 02:40:57 AM Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:53:55 AM by Snare
So I'm taking from this is a lot of people are retarded as regards decades, and i need to check out Obscura, newer Immolation and Beyond Creation.

In turn I give back Gallowbaird, Caladan Brood, Vastum, Disma, Corpsessed, Vreid, Auroch, Wormrot, Gatecreeper, and aye, Dead Congregation.