Is there much interest in Blut Aus Nord round these parts?

They released a new album a few weeks ago called "Hallucinogen" which I've had on fairly regularly. It's somewhat simpler than their more recent stuff but still has the usual Blus Aus Nord sound. Reminds me of Memoria Vetusta II at times.

I keep meaning to check out their earlier stuff which always gets good reviews, but I always end up getting distracted by the newer releases since they're fairly active and there's usually something new every time I check up on them

https://blutausnord.bandcamp.com/album/hallucinogen

i remember buying the work which transforms god about `10 years ago and i hated it. the production was way too murky for my liking
i just stuck on an album there called memoria vetusta and it sounds pretty cool.
a lot different than how i remember them sounding.
from what i can read on metal archives they change their sound quite a bit.
ill definitely have a listen to some more stuff.

Probably one of my favourite black metal projects. I think it's mainly because I love Vindsval's guitar playing and how he's able to bend it for different styles.

Memoria Vetusta II is a masterpiece in my opinion. Haven't fully digested Hallucinogen yet. While there's definitely melodic similarities between it and the MV series, it definitely has its own unique energy.

The Work Which Transforms God, and more recently 777 - Cosmosophy are my go-tos for the more dissonant shades of the project.

Yes I'd be a fan too. Have a couple of cds

I liked The Work Which Transforms God when it came out.  I'd never heard anything like it.  I didn't like MoRT as it was too disjointed sounding to me and I never really went back to them after that.  I've heard snippets of the more musical,  traditional sounding stuff and,  to be honest,  it sounds more like my kind of thing but I haven't properly investigated any of it.

Can't stop listening to this. An instant classic in my opinion!

Love Blut Aus Nord. It's not easily listening though so definitely not something i put on daily. He has two main modes of operation I think most would agree. There's the more traditional straight up melodic black metal, the Memoria Vetusta albums are like this. Then there is the twisted industrial dark stuff such as MoRT, Odinist and the 777 trilogy. Memoria Vetusta followed by 777 trilogy are all savage. Still listen to those ones. Haven't heard the new one so will pick that up soon. The one before was pure bleak industry and really not hugely memorable bar a couple parts.

Quote from: LordCrumb on October 23, 2019, 10:24:41 PM
Love Blut Aus Nord. It's not easily listening though so definitely not something i put on daily. He has two main modes of operation I think most would agree. There's the more traditional straight up melodic black metal, the Memoria Vetusta albums are like this. Then there is the twisted industrial dark stuff such as MoRT, Odinist and the 777 trilogy. Memoria Vetusta followed by 777 trilogy are all savage. Still listen to those ones. Haven't heard the new one so will pick that up soon. The one before was pure bleak industry and really not hugely memorable bar a couple parts.
The latest one is definitely easy listening

Quote from: Ollie on October 28, 2019, 09:29:57 PM
Quote from: LordCrumb on October 23, 2019, 10:24:41 PM
The latest one is definitely easy listening

it is indeed. Spinning it a bit for the last week. Seems like a band oriented version of Memoria Vetusta II. Maybe they will do a few actual gigs at this juncture as the band seems to be in place for it.