Has anyone heard lustmord and wargasm which was released the last day.
Jesus it sounds unreal. I was fearful that they would fuck with other parts of them album but it seems like they just made the drums sound better and beefed up the sound. It's one of my favourite albums so I can't wait to hear the entire thing now.

Quote from: blessed1 on October 05, 2019, 05:43:46 PM
Has anyone heard lustmord and wargasm which was released the last day.
Jesus it sounds unreal. I was fearful that they would fuck with other parts of them album but it seems like they just made the drums sound better and beefed up the sound. It's one of my favourite albums so I can't wait to hear the entire thing now.

That is one of my favourite COF songs. I heard at and it doesn't sit well with me. Some parts sounds better but overall I didn't like it.. it felt 'patchy' if that makes sense.

The intro bit they added with the fade in scream sound horrible.. how it goes into the actually intro line but drops and into the music.. it sounds really badly mixed to me.

I dunno I'm enjoying the sound of it anyhow.
It's mainly the drums im excited about and they sound ferocious to me. They don't sound too clicky as well which is great.

Sounds good to me. The drums are so much better on this  than the typewriter they used for the original, which imo was the only real problem with it anyway. I'd like to hear the whole thing before I consider buying it though

I'll give this a whirl as the original is unlistenable.

The original was a huge album for me so must check this out. The production never bothered me much - I find Dusk a harder listen than Cruelty because of Dani's annoying high pitched squawk on that album.

The bass tone on Dusk is godly.

Excited for this, probably my favorite COF album.  after Midian it all ranges from passable to absolute muck to me.  The mix on the original is pretty crap, took me ages to listen past it and actually get into the songs, as said before the drums just sound so clicky.

Quote from: jpm4 on October 06, 2019, 04:51:09 PM
The original was a huge album for me so must check this out. The production never bothered me much - I find Dusk a harder listen than Cruelty because of Dani's annoying high pitched squawk on that album.

Ya I don't get why most people think dusk is their best album as his vocals are near impossible to listen to on it.

The vocals are hard going these days even though I liked them at the time.  I think the songs are stronger though.  I never got into Cruelty to the same degree.  The production really didn't help matters as it sounded tinny by comparison to Dusk. I'll give the remix a spin.

i just listened to this.
when i was listening to it first it sounded weird as fuck.
the drums are absolutely pounding on it and theres other nuances that stand out that were completely lost in the original mix.
its strange though because im still convinced ill keep going back to the original when i want to listen to it.
definitely worth a listen though if you enjoyed it first time around and the drum work that was killed in the original is really brought to the fore-front here and shows what a performance barker really did on it.

the last 2 minutes or so of thirteen autumns sounds especially good on this.

I'm no expert on these guys but is the debut not considered to be their black metal classic type of album?

Principle and Dusk are usually considered their best.