Stuck that track on repeat today for almost two hours. Good, good sauce.

Have to stop listening to the two released tracks so I can give the album a balanced listen when it releases, but they're just obscenely good.

I somehow missed this band completely til last week. I heard the name but never got around to them.

I apologize.

Fuck me they are incredible. I've been listening to the back catalogue solid and on the second spin of the new one now. Savage. That drummer is a beast.

Oh fuck, why did I have to check Spotify for this before bed...

Getting through my first listen now. Definitely my favourite death metal album of this year, if not my favourite album. Does a good job of keeping things interesting for the whole thing. Really like the production, gets a good balance of wet reverby vocals with the rest of the band.

It's phenomenal. It's everything good about death metal with none of the flab.

The band are doing an AMA on Reddit newt Wednesday at 23:00 if anyone's so inclined.

Quote from: Ducky on November 22, 2019, 03:38:40 PM
The band are doing an AMA on Reddit newt Wednesday at 23:00 if anyone's so inclined.

Do you have a link? I don't use reddit and it seems like it's hard to find stuff on it.

Here's the announcement thread. The metal community isn't on the front page and is kinda buried to prevent the "guys Lars Ulrich invented double bass with The Black Album" type of nonsense you see on other subreddits and it works well. Easily one of the best on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/dzz1mp/blood_incantation_ama_announcement/

Quote from: Ducky on November 22, 2019, 04:50:59 PM
Here's the announcement thread. The metal community isn't on the front page and is kinda buried to prevent the "guys Lars Ulrich invented double bass with The Black Album" type of nonsense you see on other subreddits and it works well. Easily one of the best on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/dzz1mp/blood_incantation_ama_announcement/

:laugh: Thanks yes buried is the word I was looking for. Seems to be loads of good stuff on that website not just music but finding it is the problem.

Yep. There's some absolute nonsense on it (the PS4 sub is possibly the worst gaming forum I've ever seen), but the metal sub is well moderated and there's some curation happening there too. Even if you don't bother with an account there's enough cool shit posted there on a daily basis to keep anyone in music for an age.

The metal subreddit is pretty good, it has a blacklist so bands who are popular don't get spammed all the time so there's an emphasis on underground stuff.

Sometimes there's kind of a weird blur with what they consider metal or not though which is pretty funny.

When someone posts Converge it will be spammed with 'not metal' comments but then there'll be a Kyuss post upvoted highly.

Then the general opinion on the sub is that Ghost aren't metal and suck but Uncle Acid are a top tier doom band  :laugh:, there's no consistency.

Ha, yeah it's a bit inconsistent at times alright 😁 Still though, they're an affable bunch and the off topic section yields some good non-metal stuff too.

It's a bit like here without the Rings of Saturn jumpers.

I've had this on repeat since about half three today, fuck.