September 16, 2019, 09:06:30 AM Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:12:40 AM by Cryptic Stench
Anyone else into these lads? They've released some classic stuff over the years, I've pretty much enjoyed it all up to Dechristianize. Icons of Evil was incredibly bloated and it's  hard to believe it's been 13 years since that record came out, Tony Lazaro has said practically every year since then there'd be a new record the following year  :laugh:

As I was wondering what they're up to if anything I noticed on Facebook they'd fired their latest singer (He's done 7 years with them to be fair, Brian Werner - who seems to be a complete gimp by the way) and so the inevitable shit slinging has started, there's some wild allegations in there though and to credit  all parties they're digging deep for dirt. It's all there! Racism, Money Owed, People Taken Advantage of, Transgenders, dodgy strip club practices.......

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/Suspect-arrested-in-racist-fliers-case-385116081.html/?fbclid=IwAR1QEvGiKdTuhppQHqmx0lwiZMh2_bWFt31lv65NI6EbqYVn0MYBeChq6GI

A few of the ex vocalists/members have come out to claim Lazaro is a bit of a slippery character, owes lots of money, doesn't acutally write any of the material even though he's claimed he wrote every note on every record. Good stuff here and there about how Dave Suzuki was completely taken advantage of etc. Tony is very dedicated to deleting most of the spicy comments so head over if you fancy a good read/chuckle this morning.  Also worth having a look at is the wikipedia page, that is some list of ex members!

I like a lot of their stuff,first heard them on the Deafmetal sampler compilation back in tbe 90s.Dechristianize was a ferocious album i thought,.I do remember back in 2000 they were ment to do a mini tour of Ireland.There was fuck all international bands coming to Cork around that time,especially DM.i was missing it as i was away on holiday so i was well pissed off,but that tour never happened in the end (well the Cork gig didnt anyway).They ended up playing twice after,both gigs with different singers,both were brilliant!.Dave Suzuki seemed like a sound bloke,was chatting to him for a good while at one of those gigs.

Yeah, seen them supporting Krisiun in the Pint, think Malevolent Creation played too. They were good, but no Suzuki and the band hadn't gelled properly (More lineup changes :) ) so there were quite a few audible fluffs.

I tried to hit the Dublin show in 2000, they were supposed to play Eamon Doran's but we arrived to the venue to find out it was off, apparently your man Thorns or whatever vocalist they had around Dawn Of The Apocalypse was a raging drughead. At least that's what Tony Lazaro said!!! Beginning to think that's his standard line "He's on Drugs"

Seems like every ex member is making a statement now, it's like a metal Weinstein movement

"Tony is on here talking shit about me and all his past musicians (all of them has been badass too😑)
He has this thread where I cannot even comment because im blocked. Any musicians even considering working with this guy dont, he will burn you like he has everyone else. Ive played shows with Tony where he takes the promoters money and didn't even play the show. Believe me when i say he is a nightmare to work with and I would never work with him again as most of the past musicians wouldn't. Good luck Tony and Tash keep burning them bridges "

Ye I was at that last gig they played here a few years ago, was it in The Pint supporting someone?...in fairness, Tony signed my stuff afterwards and was a gent....he was a huge beast of a man too if I recall? I only have the debut, Forever Underground and Dechristianize. I think Forever Underground is the classic of them imo.....While Dechristianize is too long and bloated, the first few songs off it are killer indeed.

I met him myself after the gig in the pint, seemed totally cool alright signed my records. Then again I've no financial investment with the guy  :laugh:

QuoteA buddy of mine who used to book shows here said when he booked them thr show ended up not pulling in as many people as expected and Tony pulled a gun on him in the parking lot ovet the money being a little short

I like Into Cold Darkness,  Dechristianize. Honestly didn't give Icons of Evil much of a go to comment on it being good or not.  Dechristianize is the one song of theirs that gets regular rotation on my playlists.

Drama side.. couldn't give a flyin fook what any of them say or do... they might as well make an account on here and post in the pet peeves thread.
Embarrassing stuff

#8 September 16, 2019, 04:15:26 PM Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:43:03 PM by Weltenfeind
I quite liked Dechristianize, I see it as a companion to The Stench of Redemption.  Let us Pray and Forever Underground also pretty decent.
Think the last time they played here was supporting Dying Fetus in Voodoo bout 2015 maybe?

Lazaro has to be a prick just going by how often the band members seem to change. Dave Suzuki was great in the band and I had a feeling when he left it was because of Lazaro which now seems to be the case. The vocalist Damien Benton that they had was good. And that guy who's just been fired was also good. I remember seeing him in the Voodoo Lounge and he was getting up on speakers and jumping off into the crowd even through only about 100 people showed up for the gig.

I am suppose to be seeing them in November for the 25 year anniversary tour wonder now if it will be cancelled.

They played Dublin at least 4 times if not more. I saw them twice in the old Voodoo with Suzuki only 20 or 30 showed up each time, then that gig in the pint which was around Valentines day and another time with the singer who was just fired.

Lazaro has said the November shows will go ahead. Whatever that's worth!

Think they played Dublin three times?

First was a headline in the Voodoo

Second in the Pint with Krisiun and Malevolent

Third in Voodoo support to Gorgoroth.

Yeah I just saw that all this came out before the shows were announced I thought it had just come out today.

They definitely headlined two shows in the Voodoo with Suzuki  and he had left the band the by the time that show happened in the pint, one was for the Icons tour maybe the same tour that the DVD was shot for and I think they could have played a year or two before icons came out possibly 2006. My ticket stubs are at home so can't check.

Yes 2014 was the show were the vocalist was jumping off the speaker and the same night Hoest smashed a bottle over someones head.

Yeah wasn't at that one but that was Werner alright, complete tool. They had a different singer and guitarist at the Pint show, that singer was more appropriate. Struggling to remember a fourth show, that'll haunt me!

Setlist FM to the rescue, you're right dude they headlined the Voodoo in 05, then 07.

Pint was 2012

Voodoo with Gorgoroth 2014

Quote from: mickO))) on September 16, 2019, 08:22:04 PM

Yes 2014 was the show were the vocalist was jumping off the speaker and the same night Hoest smashed a bottle over someones head.

I saw that lad emerge from the crowd looking bewildered and covered in blood, dont fuck with Hoest! :abbath: