September 11, 2019, 10:35:14 AM Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:05:35 PM by Pentagrimes
Right. Seeing Paul Lynch's (weirdly airbrushed) face all over Hodges Figgis while I was looking at books yesterday reminded me once again about this great but short lived band. Has anyone unearthed a copy of the "Infinite Enigma" demo over the years? I know even the likes of Jobrok and Dr Quirkey have yet to upload it, but I'd love to hear it again. Or are they doomed to vanish into the lore of the brief and terrifying reign of Donegal Metal along with the infamous Lucifire and the Tricifix reunion?

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Unearthly/Infinite_Enigma/750735

They were like our own little teenage Death/Cynic. Paul is now a fairly succesful author as you;ve perhaps gleaned from this very post.

Is that image for the release om Metal-Archives the actual cassette cover?

Of the 3 tracks listed on the tape, I only have the first two on a copy of "In God's Own Image - Vol.3".

Aul' Quirkey needs to pull his finger out and get all his old tapes out of storage (ie... his Ma's gaff) and let me at them.

#2 September 11, 2019, 11:41:38 AM Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:47:00 AM by Pentagrimes
He needs to give me the Unearthly/Lamentations/Morningstar/Dreamsfear vhs he promised years ago as well so I can destroy the evidence!

I genuinely can't remember if that's the actual cover or not. Paul would have sent me the tracks on a blank c90 and I don't think i ever actually got a copy of the proper release!

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 11, 2019, 11:41:38 AM
He needs to give me the Unearthly/Lamentations/Morningstar/Dreamsfear vhs he promised years ago as well so I can destroy the evidence!
Aaaahhhahahaha!!!!   I'll have to chase him down.

Did Lamentations have a track on one of the IGOI comps?
Or was it Repentance... that was you also, yeah?

I actually just pmd you about that funnily enough.

Yup! Just seen it.

Replied, too.

:laugh: ok, ok, ok! I'll get shit together in the next few days hopefully! Yeah that's the cover scanned alright.

I was actually thinking last week of starting a thread on Tricifix as I was reminded of the death on active duty. Biggest regret is that the Tricifix 12" never came out on Doomsgame's label  :(

Mad the way people go different paths, Paul Lynch nearly goes deaf so puts away the guitar and becomes a writer, and poor Timmy O'Toole got stuck down a well for years so Graveyard Dirt were on hiatus. Some class bands from such a small metal scene county.

I must check out what Paul has written.

Well Jamie if you didn't keep doing a Cruciamentum on it I would have handed you the VHS previously 😉 The only thing that should be burned to oblivion from that  was the guy using a toilet brush as a tamborine during Midnight Mountain, Jesus! 

A teenage me helped Unearthly put out that tape - I still have a copy of it here. Awesome times! Had no idea Paul went on to be an author, must check his stuff out.

That image on Metal Archives is the actual cover alright.  It was done by Dark Rites design, and the logo was by Timo Ketola. Layout and all that stuff was done by Andy from Anthropomancy.

Jamie, I see you're one of the first people on the thanks list!

#9 September 14, 2019, 11:51:46 AM Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:55:30 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: StandupPaul on September 14, 2019, 10:33:18 AM
That image on Metal Archives is the actual cover alright.  It was done by Dark Rites design, and the logo was by Timo Ketola. Layout and all that stuff was done by Andy from Anthropomancy.

Jamie, I see you're one of the first people on the thanks list!

Ha I should hope so!Paul and I were good mates, I put out a rehearsal tape by them prior to that demo,and put their first gig on. I recall at some point he was in Waterfordfor a few days and I seem to remember working on new Unearthly songs with him that I was going to drum on after Derek left. Theres probably a tape full of those riffs somewhere in my man's. Havent seen Paul since just before his first novel came out but hes a good bloke. He did seem slightly baffled by the fact I was still playing metal last time I saw him  :laugh:

If anyone has a copy of the tape to sell hit me up. Had no idea you helped put it out Paul. Were you involved in Corpse Candle as well?

Also Ketola?Wow.

Nah, I wasn't in Corpse Candle, although I was friendly with all of those guys. I was in the tragically band thrash-ish band Impaled.

During the tape trading days, I used to write to Timo a lot - we were exchanging tapes at a fierce rate!

Quote from: StandupPaul on September 14, 2019, 12:09:31 PM
Nah, I wasn't in Corpse Candle, although I was friendly with all of those guys. I was in the tragically band thrash-ish band Impaled.

During the tape trading days, I used to write to Timo a lot - we were exchanging tapes at a fierce rate!

Unfamiliar with Impaled but I'm a geek for 90s stuff I missed back in the day - if there's any recordings of that or Corpse Candle I'd love to hear them. Likewise the Unearthly demo if you still have a copy?

:laugh: :laugh: I still have my white CC t-shirt!

Not sure Corpse Candle ever recorded anything, except a few rehearsals. I have a copy of the Impaled and Unearthly tapes, must see if I can work out a way to get them onto something digital. If I do, I'll fire you a copy for sure.

Mental that Ketola designed the logo. Never heard of these guys at all.