Fuck, this is ferocious.  I tend not to listen to much sludge as a lot of it is way too happy and groovy/ bluesy for my taste,  but this is the right stuff.  Manky, Mossy, devoid of bongs,  devoid of smiles, total negativity.  I couldn't resist nabbing a tape.

https://gawthropcult.bandcamp.com/album/demo

Yep, absolutely nothing special but absolutely the kind of Sludge I like. Check out Groak and Medicine Noose as well for similarly gnarled sludge delights.

#2 September 06, 2019, 09:28:50 AM Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:06:25 AM by Eoin McLove
I gave Medicine Noose a listen last night and they were alright but not as interesting to me as these lads.  Not quite as dead sounding maybe hehe.  I'll give those other lads a listen.

I've only seen this thread now. Great demo, Cursed Monk Records put it out on CD with a bonus track a while back, if anyone's interested.

I saw it in Tower a coupe of weeks ago and was taken aback.  I didn't realise Cursed Monk put it out,  which makes sense now.

Yeah, they have a stand there, I think. They had anyway. Most of their releases are kind of out of leftfield, generally a pretty good roster, too.