A track from their next album has gone up on YouTube, sounding great. Very interested to see how they follow up Exercises.

https://youtu.be/e0ryOwlXkP4

Sounds decent. Fairly similar to the more recent stuff. I wonder if they'll be changing it up much or sticking to a similar sound for the whole album

Sounds good looking forward to the full release .

Whatever they do with the riffs, that don't seem to be taking any new path (thankfully!!!), I hope they don't change a single notch on their tones...  loving this new track.

Sweet deal. Looking forward to new material. They were ace playing here in June!

Not sure I'll bother to check this out, despite being a big fan for most of this decade.

The recent gig here was probably the final nail in the coffin and the magic for me is gone. Rammed in surrounded by people whooping, dancing and holding up their phones.

Aura of the band shattered.

I'll never watch them live again but maybe over time if I just listen to their records I can build up that connection again as in the early pre-live era they were a brilliant coherent package. But for now I associate them with frivolous displays of humanitarian joy which is obviously fine in context but Mgla is the wrong context.

Quote from: Grim Reality on August 09, 2019, 01:45:16 PM
Not sure I'll bother to check this out, despite being a big fan for most of this decade.

The recent gig here was probably the final nail in the coffin and the magic for me is gone. Rammed in surrounded by people whooping, dancing and holding up their phones.

I'll never watch them live again but maybe over time if I just listen to their records I can build up that connection again as in the early pre-live era they were a brilliant coherent package. But for now I associate them with frivolous displays of humanitarian joy which is obviously fine in context but Mgla is the wrong context.
Go on out to the forest and find yourself a nice big log, sit down and have a nice cry.

There there........

Great tune, albeit sonically identical to Exercices.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on August 14, 2019, 04:10:19 PM

Go on out to the forest and find yourself a nice big log, sit down and have a nice cry.

There there........

Ah, you're right there,  Kurt, it can be upsetting when someone else's experience of a band isn't identical to your own.  I'd recommend having a sit down and a nice cry.

Thanks for the advice. Any nice forests down your way buddy?

so you're saying you won't bother listening to the new material because the show you were at was crowded and people use their camera phones?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 14, 2019, 07:54:57 PM
None at all,  Nixer.
Nixer? Lolz, that's me well and truly put back in my box then. Hahaha...  :abbath:

Quote from: Necro Red on August 14, 2019, 11:35:16 PM

so you're saying you won't bother listening to the new material because the show you were at was crowded and people use their camera phones?

Not quite, Einstein.

I probably won't get the new record because I don't really believe in the band anymore. Their activities in recent years have invalidated their early aesthetic, which I felt a connection with, but that appears to be gone for now.