August 01, 2019, 06:49:36 PM Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:52:53 PM by Anton Arcane
I've been working on some new music lately. Kind of a mix of thrash, black and heavy metal. As I'm working as a one man band, I can get a bit tunnel visioned with the music. I'd really like to hear people's thoughts and opinions before I go about putting a name on the project and releasing stuff. Here's a rough mix of one song for your consideration.

https://soundcloud.com/adrianfoley/seeking-death-demo

Highlights for me are the cool vocals.  I think you could speed it up to fuck,  get locked and record it at twice the speed and ramp up the filth.  I'd also consider mixing up the tempo a bit as it stays at the same pace for its duration.  Either more basic or more adventurous drumming might lift the energy.  Generally for me black thrash needs to sound a bit unhinged or on the cusp of collapse.  The basics of the song are catchy,  it just needs an injection of wildness and abandon to my ear. Big throbbing Lemmy bass wouldn't hurt either ;)

It might also sound cool to get a few pals in on gang vocals for the chorus.  Lob in a rake of cyans and howl like maniacs.  The chorus is catchy but that approach could potentially elevate it to rabid, ecstatic madness.

I'm like the Louis fuckin Walsh of Irish metal.

Vocals style reminds me of Carcass.

As a fan of the Nasty I'm looking forward to hearing more like this. You programmed the drums?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 01, 2019, 07:52:22 PM
Highlights for me are the cool vocals.  I think you could speed it up to fuck,  get locked and record it at twice the speed and ramp up the filth.  I'd also consider mixing up the tempo a bit as it stays at the same pace for its duration.  Either more basic or more adventurous drumming might lift the energy.  Generally for me black thrash needs to sound a bit unhinged or on the cusp of collapse.  The basics of the song are catchy,  it just needs an injection of wildness and abandon to my ear. Big throbbing Lemmy bass wouldn't hurt either ;)

Yeah some great points here. I've demoed 6 songs so far and this one felt like it had good parts but was missing some va va voom. I've a few ideas on how to shake it up. On the ball sham.

Quote from: Necro Red on August 02, 2019, 12:08:21 PM
As a fan of the Nasty I'm looking forward to hearing more like this. You programmed the drums?

Kinda... Michael Richards did all the hard work, I just told him what I wanted.