At 31 years of age I recently came to realise that social media is one of the worst indictments of the world we live in today so I accordingly deleted my Instagram and Snapchat  accounts. I would delete facebook but it really is an invaluable source for gigs. I don't just listen to metal so fb is good for finding out what other stuff is going on-case in point the exploited gig in the Voodoo Lounge in November.

I get the whole anti social media/Facebook thing if it was 7/8 years ago,but its morphed  into something useful now imo.
Like i said you dont have to be friends with anyone,just use it purely as a tool for gig/band info etc.

Been getting into Savatage recently and started to pick up a few of the remasters that spell out the band name when they're all put together...but they don't go in the right order of release. What maniac signed off on that?!

Quote from: Trev on March 21, 2021, 09:24:39 AM
Been getting into Savatage recently and started to pick up a few of the remasters that spell out the band name when they're all put together...but they don't go in the right order of release. What maniac signed off on that?!
Their LPs from the 80's and early 90's are pulling some money nowadays. I have Gutter Ballet and Streets: A Rock Opera on vinyl.

https://www.discogs.com/Savatage-Gutter-Ballet/release/3959559

Quote from: Trev on March 21, 2021, 09:24:39 AM

The Iron Maiden remasters from a few years back were the same - the spines were meant to make a picture of Eddie from the debut but they don't line up properly and are out of order. Annoying.

Yeah I have most of those Savatag e remasters on the shelves, they look a right mess
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Cosmic_Equilibrium on July 28, 2019, 11:02:22 PM
Anyway, back to peeves  - bands who are really obviously influenced by Pantera but only take the 'tough' and 'macho' aspects of their sound while forgetting that Pantera also had an understanding of dynamics and song structures. A plethora of very dull music has resulted.

Also a peeve of mine. An even bigger one is that this then tarnished the legacy of Pantera as well. They're kind of dismissed a fair bit now because of all the knuckle-dragging bands trying to live out the vulgar videos, but Pantera themselves where a monster of a band. They had that Led Zeppelin-esque quality of band interplay, dynamics, and feel, as well as their immense individual talent. You might like the songs of Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica etc better, but arguably none were as talented as Pantera.