I like a bit of death doom in my life and came across this yesterday.

Heavy as all fuck and plenty of slow stuff. Brilliant.

https://malignantaltar.bandcamp.com/album/retribution-of-jealous-gods

Tis good, yep. Just the right side of meatheaded. Drummer from Imprecation I think as well, and this band definitely sounds a lot like a much slower version of that band.

If you dig this also check out Carcinoid from Australia who are doing something similar.

#2 July 18, 2019, 01:08:20 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:19:27 PM by locustfurnace
Have the "Ceremonial Decapitator" demo which I enjoyed, didnt realise they have a new one so lookinh forward to that...

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 18, 2019, 11:28:26 AMDrummer from Imprecation I think as well

Dont think Dobber was ever in Imprecation. Sound chap, all Insect Warfare were sound to be fair when they played over here...
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 18, 2019, 11:28:26 AM
If you dig this also check out Carcinoid from Australia who are doing something similar.

An improved production and that would be pretty good.

All other recommendations in this style welcome.
Always on the lookout for something new or old I haven't heard before

Album out in December. It definitely has some..eh...brodude appeal let's say as it's mostly midpaced, but sure so was "Cause of Death" and that didn't do it any harm.It's pretty good. Genuinely dark sounding. Weirdly the track they have up is the least exciting one but sure that's often the case these days..

Also Skip:Dobber was briefly in Imprecation, remember talking to him about it in Dublin. He may well have been bullshitting me of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk1-wCB-P04

Tried the preview track yesterday. So incredibly boring.

Sounds tasty, pity any physical copies are sold out though (referring to the OP).

Have the demo on bandcamp, picked the debut album up on the strength of it last night, right up my street anyway.