July 12, 2019, 11:02:43 PM Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:13:14 PM by Blizzard Beast
Track off the new album cropped up on you tube this evening which isnt bad.Sounds a bit like something of the Sorceress album.
In Cauda Venenum

Bored me to tears to be honest.

Best track I've heard from them in many years. Says more about their recent albums maybe, but this one is a great track.

Enjoyed the last two minutes of the track, the rest didnt seem up to much, lacking those hooky melodies that they've gotten so good at. Hopefully the second song is stronger.

Like it but as usual need to hear the whole shebang

The whole shebang is pretty awesome. Atmosphere, power, technicality, and melody.

Yeah first few listens and it's not bad at all.

I really like it. What other albums of theirs are in this vein?

#8 October 08, 2019, 09:27:07 AM Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:29:09 AM by The Butcher
Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 08, 2019, 09:05:48 AM

Every album from Heritage onwards. I'm not a fan of these albums but the latest album (from the first few listens) is more immediate  to me than the rest with this style. Expect a lot of mellotron  :laugh:

I'm absolutely on board with anything involving mellotron.

This has been in constant rotation since release.  Class album.  They had lost my attention since Watershed, which was also a fair step down from older stuff.  Heritage was absolutely boring, Pale Communion was better, Sorceress better again and this is excellent.  Next of Kin is probably my favourite tune off the whole album though.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 08, 2019, 09:05:48 AM

The problemo is the other albums in this vein have absolutely cack songwriting. It's like they took to this new style years ago but have only now just cracked writing decent songs for it.

I'd agree with Ducky. Get the most out of this one for as long as you can before checking the earlier "sketches" for it. Make the most of having managed to miss them!

Thought there was a few good moments on Heritage, but Pale Communion was scutter, so didn't bother with Sorceress after that. This new one seems to be convincing a lot of people though so I'll probably give it a go

I listened to a song and a half.  Dunno.  I can't get into it for some reason.  I appreciate the skilled musicianship and all that,  and the use of Swedish is a nice touch,  but the songs just lack something.  I think his clean vocals are a bit twee sounding.