So Tom G is bring HH to the stage under the name Triumph of Death. 

Respectful tribute to Martin, or festival cash in?

Tom G ist fucking krieg. If ever there was someone who went the opposite direction of easy cash, it is he.No matter what he does he'll be miserable so let him at it, I'd say.

They performed a few Helhammer songs at Wacken in 2006.  I doubt it's a cash grab. A Celtic Frost tour would surely be worth more to him?  Can't see myself travelling to see it though.

When I first saw it my initial reaction was 'festival cash in' but as someone pointed out surely a CF set would appeal to the masses more than a HH set!
Plus you know what, its his music and if he wants to play it live thats his right!

The main difference is that Celtic Frost were an active band 11 years or so ago playing a mix of Monotheist material and "the hits". People of a certain age had the opportunity to see them. Hellhammer haven't had a full live show dedicated to their material as far as I'm aware, just a couple of covers in whatever band he happened to be in on tours. Looks like a cash grab to me as Hellhammer worship continues to grow all the time but if people want to see him and backing band cover those songs and he can make some cash, go for it.

I like Hellhammer a lot, don't get me wrong. They are the black metal equivalent of The Misfits or The Ramones though. I'm willing to wager that Hellhammer shirt sales outstrip their recordings significantly.  Tons of people wear their shirts that either don't listen to them or do so once a decade.

They're playing a couple of warm-up shows in Frankfurt and Essen. Picked up a ticket for Frankfurt. I humbly endorse this cash-in  :abbath: