I would agree on how Askren took the losses to date. He was way too cocky after barely getting past Robbie which generated a lot of the hate felt towards him.  He certainly is in no position since the Masvidal fight to talk as much shit.

Maia looked really tired really quickly nearly the end of R1 it was odd but overall the striking looked super sloppy. But as bad as Ben's punches looked they were doing damage for sure.

On Rory, not seen the fight at all but I've been hearing for a long times he's been one foot out the door with regard to MMA in general. That still a thing?

Maia's standup isn't great but he can take risks because if you take him to the ground you're screwed...he holds the record for most submissions now in the UFC, he's a shark on the ground. Askren is a cool guy but he divides opinion. I thought it was one of the most interesting fights I've seen in a while, and yes, Askren might have taken it under different circumstances. He was the perfect opponent for Maia though.

Rory another animal on the ground. Is it me or is Bellator full of lads that look.like they are jacked beyond belief. Lima looked that way to me though I could be making excuses. Unlucky Rory.

I wish Rory would return to murder death kill mode. Unleash that savage!
Askren!!!!

Rory hasn't been the same since the second Robbie fight, he left it all in the cage that night.

#244 October 27, 2019, 10:35:00 PM Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:38:32 PM by mickO)))
After Rory's first fight in the Welterweight tournament which I if I remember correctly was back in April he got really pissed off after the fight and said at the press conference that he doesn't know if that is what he is suppose to be doing, maybe he shouldn't be hurting other people for a living anymore. Including last night's fight he has had two fight since then and has seemed ok. He was disappointed by last nights result but stayed in the cage while the celebrations were going he's also good friends with Lima so not sure what to make of that. I think he might be having some problems outside of fighting that are bothering him.

Just another thing to note is MVP was beating Lima in the semi finals of the tournament before Lima managed to knock him out so that's another fight that very easily could have gone a different way.

I don't think Bellator are under USADA so they may be under someone else who is not as strict as well as that Bellator treats it's fighters a lot better then the UFC treats it's fighters.

They started the Featherweight tournament last month the first round had everyone's name picked out of hat all of the fights took place over two events. Then two weeks ago what they did for quarter finals was they drew out three names and let each of those fighters pick who they wanted to face in the next round and when they wanted to fight because from December they will have one fight a month. Then after all that was done they let the current champion Pitbull pick his own opponent and fight month from the other 7 fighters irregardless of who everyone had already picked. I think that's a great idea. As well as that title is also on the line for every fight the current champion has during the tournament.

I remember reading a posting on a forum a while back that the difference between Bellator and the UFC is that the UFC have a bunch of suits sitting behind a desk that decide who fights for the title whereas Bellator use tournaments and fighters have to earn a title shot. Which I think is very true. 

Had another look at the Maia Askren fight. So much detail to it, Askren's takedowns are amazing. I hope he doesn't retire because he could do some serious damage still. Fanny hairs between them really. Maia so good though, can't give him any opening.

Amazing shape for 41.. althought then you do have Yoel Romero at 42  :-X

Ben said in an interview today that he is considering retirement.

Can we take a moment to remember when Jon Jones went under the name.. sexual chocolate jones  :laugh:

Can't wait for tomorrow even the prelimns are good. I hope that gimp Johnny Walker gets knocked out another idiot who thinks he's a comedian.

What a card

Crap ton of KO's and R1 KO's

Arlovski V Rozenstruik -  that was nuts, the punch didn't even look like it was hard. That guy has some heavy hands! Also  maybe time for Arlovski to hang it up. He's hitting 41 and his record is plummeting. 10 losses and 3 wins since 2016. Legend etc but time to cut it I think.
Shahbazyan V Tavares - Interested to see how Shahbazyan does from here, great performance.
Walker V Anderson - Walker didn't know what was going on, wonder if this will 'learn'him to stop being so goofy.
Gillespie V Lee - Fair play to K Lee, he needed the win. If he can stop trying to be 'McGregorish' etc he might be able to get back on the right track.

But otherwise the Diaz V Masvidal fight. Just WOW  ???

Masvidal picked him apart, you could see the look in Diaz's face even in round 1 that he was not expecting that. Masvidal was so fast and great for avoiding getting caught on the ground.
Real shame that it ended how it did. I was wonder if into R4/5 if Diaz would eventually catch him in some choke hold to grab the win because on his feet he just wasn't getting anywhere against Masvidal.
And Masvidal "hope you guys ain't booin me... you wouldn't do that to my face"  :laugh: :laugh: Literally the BML  8)

The cut above and below Diaz's eye were apparently a lot worse than people thought, ie that there could have been some real dmg done if it kept going. I can see after the fact why they probably stopped it if that is infact the case 'eye lid hanging over his eye' needs to get plastic surgery and get a ton of cartilage removed apparently.
Still anti-climatic given the nature of the fight but still a savage 3 rounds., happy as hell for masvidal.

I'll be honest, while I don't bother bring up McGregor anymore for potential fights etc  but I'd half like to see him come back and get the snot beaten out of him by Masvidal.

Glad Walker has been shut up. I think Dana was talking bollox about the cut it was the 500th event and he has been promoting it for months so I think he just doesn't want it going into the history books with a bad ending. Fight should not have been stopped and it was stopped right at the time when Nate always starts getting good. Masvidal won the first 3 rounds but you could see at the end of the 3rd he was getting tired so who knows how it would have ended.

Tyson Furys cut at the end of September was a lot worse than Nates last night and he was allowed to fight for 8 or 9 rounds with it.

:laugh: Loved the way Nate didn't even acknowledge the Rock at the weigh in and just praised Nick and he was also giving out about the Rock in the post fight press conference. Both the Rock and that cringy BMF title had no place there last night. Hopefully it's the last we see of both it's enough of a circus already.

Happy for Till wasn't a big fan before but I like him now especially for his honesty about how he felt.

The line up for 245 is even better than last night can't wait for that. I don't like Colby but he was hilarious at the press conference last Friday. I hate Usman almost as much as I hate Israel he has no personality and has the same chip on his shoulder that Israel has.

I knew Nate would get destroyed, his boxing has looked like shit since his return, like he didn't train striking at all during the 3 years off, and he wasn't going to be able to beat up Masvidal in the clinch like he did Pettis.

His bread and butter used to be a great jab and 1-2's and neither of them have been seen since he came back.

Not bothered about a rematch, would rather see Masvidal either fight McGregor or the winner of Usman/Colby.

Bellator Lodon on now. MVP in the main event.

Prelims live on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK0xUsUXJGU