November 25, 2018, 11:35:04 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:08:31 AM by leatherface
This is influenced by a post in MI, so kudos to the person with the original idea. Post here about famous acts/albums you think deserve less ( or more) recognition and why.  All just opinion of course!.

Personally I don't think 'Heretic' by Morbid Angel is all that bad despite the beating it often takes from its critics, listening across their discography to date I have to say it sounds solid, those first few songs do nothing to convince me that it sounds bad, it sounds very claustrophobic maybe but certainly not as terrible as you might read about.  Doesn't bother me like it bothers others.

May as well have a go at Metallica while I am on a metal forum (even though I think they are awesome) but the 'The Black Album' is largely pants, and I couldn't care less about 'the production', it was and is awful (apart from 'Through the Never')

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk is for the most part a very poor album which keyboards age it terribly. All the previous Emperor recordings are incredible though.

Quote from: M Void on November 25, 2018, 11:53:07 PM
Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk is for the most part a very poor album which keyboards age it terribly. All the previous Emperor recordings are incredible though.
Related - Emperor's best album is Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise.

Would disagree with the last two posts. Anthems has some of the best songs Emperor wrote, whereas In The Nightside Eclipse is probably their best album overall.

Prometheus is the hipsters choice for some reason. It's a good album but it's third behind the two classics.

The new Judas Priest is a bag of cold piss, lads. Any praise directed towards it just brings shame to your respective villages. Sort yourselves out.

Quote from: Juggz on November 26, 2018, 07:03:21 PM
The new Judas Priest is a bag of cold piss, lads. Any praise directed towards it just brings shame to your respective villages. Sort yourselves out.

Ah here, snap out of it. Proper smack of classic Priest from it and the only awful song on it is that Flamethrower track.

Quote from: Spoderman01 on November 26, 2018, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: Juggz on November 26, 2018, 07:03:21 PM

Ah here, snap out of it. Proper smack of classic Priest from it and the only awful song on it is that Flamethrower track.
Apologise to your neighbours for bringing down the value of their house.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on November 26, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
Prometheus is the hipsters choice for some reason. It's a good album but it's third behind the two classics.

I don't hate it at all. I know a lot of people do. I'm just glad that Ihsahn had the good grace to take the new progressive direction he wanted to go in away from the Emperor name. I'm not a fan of his solo stuff, but at least he didn't taint the legacy of Emperor with it. He probably would have sold more under the Emperor name.