So 2018 is the year that Tool and A Perfect Circle finally clicked with me. It's proven to be the most enjoyable journey for me. Not sure what changed in my head to suddenly realise how amazing both bands are. I'm now eagerly waiting for Tool to get their new album done and out there.

Another band I'd largely ignored was Judas Priest and this year I've really begun to take notice of some (not all) of their output.

So what bands have been out there that took years for you to notice/appreciate?

Killing Joke. Despite being aware of them since Garage Days came out, then Raven joining my favourite band at the time, Prong, among other things, it was only really late last year when I finally really gave them some time and fell in love. Phenomenal band, I got into them so much I flew abroad to see them.

Fugazi for me, more that they just kept slipping through the cracks. Worked out great as I'm still going through the back catalogue!

After listening to Wytch Hazel's Sojurn album earlier in the year I fell down a Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash and Jethro Tull rabbit hole I'd never been to before.

Having ignored 70's hard rock apart from Sabbath, Priest , Motorhead I've been listening to the above bands in depth and really enjoying some of the albums I've listened to

Gorguts I've only got into the last few years, and at that the only stuff I've got around to is Pleiades Dust and Colored Sands.

I'm a big fan of Obscura(the band) so was expecting something similar to them, and got a wall of noisey dissonance, took a while to get my head around and really appreciate but so glad I stuck with it

Bölzer for me. For some reason I never enjoyed what I heard before but upon some insistence I give them another shot I quite like them now.

Zealot Cult for me. When I first saw them live a few years back I wasn't impressed. Ignored them for years until reluctantly trying out the latest one. I wouldn't have bothered only for a Greek friend of mine kept raving on Facebook about how great they were. Shame on me.

Judas Priest. I don't know why but it took me forever to get into them. I even remember that Priest Feast gig that came here years ago, I left after Megadeth finished playing as I had no interest in Priest at all.

It was sitting through all of Painkiller at someones suggestion that got them to click with me eventually. Been working my way through their lengthy back catalogue since. Hoping to get to the gig in January.

Quote from: KingBuddha on November 26, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
Judas Priest. I don't know why but it took me forever to get into them. I even remember that Priest Feast gig that came here years ago, I left after Megadeth finished playing as I had no interest in Priest at all.

It was sitting through all of Painkiller at someones suggestion that got them to click with me eventually. Been working my way through their lengthy back catalogue since. Hoping to get to the gig in January.

Very similar situation with me. I had zero interest at that gig. Granted it's mainly the Painkiller album  that I love but silly me for leaving the gig early.

Not a band but Ulver's Perdition City is one I originally thought was pants after a cursory listen but I'll take my dose of humble pie now, it's pure quality.

The Gathering. Never listened to them before this year... Now I've a slight obsession with Mandylion.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on November 25, 2018, 08:37:51 PM
Fugazi for me, more that they just kept slipping through the cracks. Worked out great as I'm still going through the back catalogue!

Did you ever get to see them live?If not that'd be a shame, they were fantastic.

In Flames are the main contender for me, heard Pinball Map one day for the first time in years and decided that Spotify was my friend and checked out the In Flames catalogue and it hit me.
"I pack a chainsaw, I'll skin your ass raw!"

Quote from: El Rostro De La Muerte on December 21, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
In Flames are the main contender for me, heard Pinball Map one day for the first time in years and decided that Spotify was my friend and checked out the In Flames catalogue and it hit me.

check out dark tranquility as well if you havent already!