Jack Owen must surely win this, can't be arsed playing the lead properly, can't be bothered rocking out with the rest of the band. Amazing to thing this guy has had a 30+ year carreer in music and only managed to be marginally enthused for a tiny fraction of it.

Only clicked on this because it's not often Cannibal belt this one out these days.

https://youtu.be/yISeJccEdlY?t=28

Glen Benton for sure. Im still not convinced he remembers any of Deicide's lyrics or if he actually plays bass or not.

Judging by that class video posted a few weeks ago, John Cyriis too!

I'll add Max Cavalera to this list... the most half assed, autopilot performer I've ever seen

You've a real bee in your bonnet about this Cryptic; an identical thread was one of the last active on MI. The surprise for me isn't ageing musicians who couldn't be arsed anymore, but rather fans who could still be arsed paying to see them!

As much as I love Mastodon Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher fit the bill, both tend to look uncomfortable onstage. Although Troy Sanders has done a good job of taking on the 'frontman' role in recent years.

QuoteYou've a real bee in your bonnet about this Cryptic; an identical thread was one of the last active on MI. The surprise for me isn't ageing musicians who couldn't be arsed anymore, but rather fans who could still be arsed paying to see them!

I do man, I seen Deicide in the states whilst on vacation and it was one of my worst live experiences. Owen and Benton especially guilty. I'd never pay to see them again. It used to bother the fuck out of me when Cannibal Corpse played here but the rest of the band rocked out so never seemed as bad.  As I say only clicked into that as it's a cool track, to be honest I was shocked to see Owen in the lineup, then again if anyone was going to employ him it would be Six Feet Under!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deicide-performs-at-colombias-rock-al-parque-video/
Yeeeah..definite lack of fucks on display from Benton in particular here. The vocals are spectacular bad.

I saw Deicide live at the end of May for the first time since 2005 or 2006. I think it was the last time they played Dublin with Glen, I think the actual last Deicide show was maybe 06 or 07 when he didn't show up and they had people from the crowd get up on stage to do vocals?

Anyway I only went because it had been so long since I saw them and was expecting to see a shit show. I don't even think the When Satan Lives album is good the songs just sound sterile and boring compared to the actual studio recordings especially the vocals sound awful. But last month they put on a great show and Glens vocals sounded great my only complaint was all they played from Legion was the typical Dead But Dreaming when in recent years they seemed to start playing a lot of songs from the album which is not only my favorite Decide album but for me is one the greatest albums of all time.

I think the last time they were suppose to play Ireland was in 2009? when they cancelled Trifixion, Holy Deception and few others were on the set list.

I am surprised Glen has never toured any of the first four albums from start to finish.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on June 07, 2019, 04:25:40 PM
It used to bother the fuck out of me when Cannibal Corpse played here but the rest of the band rocked out so never seemed as bad. 

Is he not just a bit quiet, introverted and weird? I remember approaching him on a few different occasions anytime he was in TBMC with either Deicide or CC as he use to just sit out in the hallway talking to the roadies drinking and he always came across as very awkward. You can even see on the Monolith DVD he spends a lot of time nearly hiding in behind the big speaker. It can't be easy getting use to playing sober in front of big crowds even just 500 people sure it turned DMC from Run Dmc into an alcoholic.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 03, 2019, 02:08:05 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deicide-performs-at-colombias-rock-al-parque-video/

Yeeeah..definite lack of fucks on display from Benton in particular here. The vocals are spectacular bad.

I saw that earlier today. The bass tone cuts through quite clearly which is a surprise but the vocals!! Is there some sort of flange thing on it?  Is it a case of hating the job?

Yeah, it became a job after Serpents. It does for most bands, but most at least make it look like they're putting on a show. Look at immolation for example!

On the Jack Owens thing.. well he pretty much always wins it. The first time I saw him live was with CC on the wretched spawn tour and I just couldn't get over it how he stood out so much from the others. Might as well have been a cardboard cut out.

But I'm fairly certain back after he finished with CC he had said multiple times he was really bored with death metal and playing it. So you assume he went back to the other death metal bands in the scene to play for cheques and not for enjoyment.

Quote from: Circlepit on July 03, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 03, 2019, 02:08:05 PM

I saw that earlier today. The bass tone cuts through quite clearly which is a surprise but the vocals!! Is there some sort of flange thing on it?  Is it a case of hating the job?

The vocals, effects aside are literally like the Cookie Monster.

The few times that I've seen Clutch, Tim Sult looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than play the gig.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on July 04, 2019, 12:07:50 PM
The few times that I've seen Clutch, Tim Sult looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than play the gig.
Is that not just a part of their plaid shirt wearing thing though?