May 30, 2019, 11:44:13 AM Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:57:27 AM by Hambeast
From the facebook page:
QuoteThe road to Iron Mountain Metal Festival has begun!

This will be a festival purely in name. It's not a festival, it's a gathering! A small intimate area that will be limited to 150 weekend passes located in the Iron Mountains, Co. Leitrim.

There will be two stages and a completely non corporate B.Y.O.B event.
Along with my other project Burning Metal Irl this will be up and coming Irish bands and non profit.

A big festival is not possible in this country, but a small gathering of like minded people having a good time and championing up and coming bands is.

Next May this shall begin!
Edited removing two gigs details, being run in the lead up to it, with Svet Kant. best of luck with it but his track record for festivals is poor. Seems to be pushing that metal festivals are not common here, ignoring that there are another five already this year. Dont see how its different. would prefer just to see normal gigs in Galway again to be honest so at least it could bring those up.

Is this being organised by a guy called Phil by any chance. Oh it begins again.

When I first saw the thread title I thought iron mountain the band were putting on a festival. Now that would be savage. What a band they are.

not familiar with the band. will have to listen to them. but yes, it is the same phil you're thinking of.

Eh, what? Something called a festival which describes itself as not being a festival and in reality, for the moment, is just two gigs neither of which are even in the same county as the non-festival will (not) be happening in in May of next year? Sweet, where do I invest?

Quote from: Majun on May 30, 2019, 01:06:18 PM
not familiar with the band. will have to listen to them. but yes, it is the same phil you're thinking of.

https://youtu.be/24JAtLx1Ph0

There you go. It's a bit different but they are savage.

'Majun - there's no festival,
It's easy if you try,
No campground below us,
Above only the Leitrim sky,
'Majun - all the (150) people looking for their money back,
You, you may say Phil's a dreamer,
You're not the only one.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 31, 2019, 09:19:18 AM
'Majun - there's no festival,
It's easy if you try,
No campground below us,
Above only the Leitrim sky,
'Majun - all the (150) people looking for their money back,
You, you may say Phil's a dreamer,
You're not the only one.

:laugh: :laugh:

Hmmmmmm. Aside from he who should not be named 's involvement in it I really don't get it. The lineup is kinda light, no disrespect intended to the bands but the lineup is lacking in clear heavyweight draws (I'm talking pulling power only here, there are of course good bands on the bill). I'd  possibly go to this if it were in fibbers but Leitrim?

Yep, it's like a line-up of bands who play before 6pm at the Siege, stretched over three days and with no obvious ameneties such as hot food and sanitation in the vicinity.

And it's in the arse of Leitrim.

Decent bands on the bill for sure but it's one hell of a journey without any obvious big name draw. Is it free in? Hopefully the lessons from the catastrophe with Coroner and R.O.L.L. have been learned. Good luck to all involved.

So, if it sells out, €8250 gross to get two stages built, waterproofed and powered up for a weekend, chemical toilets, security, clean-up afterwards and maybe petrol money for the bands? Ah heeeyor.

Quote from: Juggz on August 07, 2019, 03:57:31 PM
So, if it sells out, €8250 gross to get two stages built, waterproofed and powered up for a weekend, chemical toilets, security, clean-up afterwards and maybe petrol money for the bands? Ah heeeyor.

Fucking lol

#13 August 07, 2019, 04:29:27 PM Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:36:55 PM by Cryptic Stench
And it's in Leitrim lads. That can't be stated enough, the hills of Leitrim are like Deliverance crossed with the Hills Have Eyes, so punter safety is surely a considerable issue for this festival.

Quote from: Juggz on August 07, 2019, 03:57:31 PM
According to the Facebook thread the venue has stages and is ready to go, but he won't say where it is to stop people trying to get in without tickets. Would've thought that's what you pay security for...

And out of that  €8k wouldn't there be about 13% due on VAT to be paid along with the other expenses?