There is a prolific band from Sweden with the same name but I just checked out this lot who appear to have released one EP in the 90s and then disappeared. Totally bleak in atmosphere, it sounds like minimal funeral doom/ doom death despite being described as black doom (Maybe there are some black metal elements that will be revealed along the way). Instantly hooked,  needless to say.  I just ordered the rerelease from Rotting Misery who released the cool Anthropomancy 12" last year.

https://youtu.be/KiHFpI-82js

It's a study in Turn Loose the Swans.

Turns out it was actually released by Gnarled Records and RM are sold out,  d'oh! Hopefully  GR still have copies in stock.

Ah nice one man. It's a right nice feeling when you uncover hidden gems like this one.
Hope you can track a physical album down.

I contacted Gnarled Records and he had copies but is in the middle of a move so everything is boxed up so I have contacted Under the Dark Soil.  The saga continues.

Nabbed one from Under the Dark Soil.  Happy days  8)

Got this from supernal music on vinyl ep a long time ago.always returned to it.

Osiris productions did the original release.

LP landed.  Looks nice in a minimal sort of way.  Playing now.

I can't recommend this EP enough.  It's one I've returned to again and again since buying it a few months ago.  It certainly has a heavy TLTS buzz going on,  but there is a heavy feeling of cold,  remote black metal austerity to the vocal delivery and it ends up being a rather unique experience in its own right- although I am very enamoured so I may be giving it a little more credit than it deserves in the originality department.

Still,  it's a serious piece of work.  Such a shame it seems to have slipped through the cracks of time, much like the phenomenal one hit wonder that is Pohakka.

What is it that makes another short lived entity like the godly Thergothon remain relevant and on the tips of people's tongues while the memory of other equally amazing bands evaporate into thin air? It's great that there are small labels digging up this kind of stuff and attempting to breathe a bit of new life into old gems, even if this one seems to have sunk again with almost no trace.

Spinning this fantastic record again. It's one of the best things I've heard in a long time.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 09, 2020, 10:17:26 AM
Spinning this fantastic record again. It's one of the best things I've heard in a long time.

This is sombre and haunting stuff

Might have to pick up a copy

Yep, even the quite simple artwork and layout work in context with the stark music. I'm totally hooked anyway. There seems to be a lack of truly eccentric and original doom death these days.  I even find a lot of the lauded stuff like, for example, Evoken and Mournful Congregation dull and predictable particularly compared to the likes of this, Turn Loose the Swans, Stream from the Heavens and so on. Heaviness is all. Originality, character and atmosphere don't even come into the equation with most of the new stuff I hear. 

Just a little rant there for you  ::)

Bump. Early start, cup of tea, 'Aandens Melankoli' and The Count of Monty Cristo. Perfect start to the weekend. This EP is so unbelievably good.

That's some insistent bumping! Will have to check this out I guess.

Think the more minimal and dour elements of TLTS imbued with a rotten BM feeling. In your case I'd recommend as accompaniment a large glass of red, a big fat bifty and closed eyes.