Quote from: Doomlord on June 06, 2019, 03:11:06 PM
Anywhere good/handy to get a few (ok many) beers in before the gig starts (i.e. when ghost come on)?

A field in the middle of nowhere where the village is closed off to attendees? Only option is the venue strangely enough!

Navan or Drogeda nearby if ya want to booze prior, further away Fibbers are open in the big smoke from 10am if that's your style, you can potter outside the venue and drink cans to yer hearts content too...well until you want to proceed through the checkpoints anyway.

Looking for one camping ticket for this if anyone knows of one going.........

#77 June 06, 2019, 10:00:18 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:59:05 PM by stevie-0

Still laughing at Brewing Up A Storm  :laugh:
Time to close the gates and keep the non- metallers out, to fuck.

Just reading that thread on boards, fuck me lost for words : this is the topic of conversation! gonna be a long day  >:(

But for something different I'd love to hear them do a cover of " brewing up a storm" by the stunning.

Just imagine what a Metallica version of it would be like and it's frickin awesome rockin
That would be brilliant! I saw The Stunning play that live at the Féile last September and the place was vibing!

Quote from: Cernunnos on June 07, 2019, 02:39:29 PM
Just reading that thread on boards, fuck me lost for words : this is the topic of conversation! gonna be a long day  >:(

But for something different I'd love to hear them do a cover of " brewing up a storm" by the stunning.

Just imagine what a Metallica version of it would be like and it's frickin awesome rockin
That would be brilliant! I saw The Stunning play that live at the Féile last September and the place was vibing!

Just went on for the craic aswell

"Frantic, one of their better songs in fairness."

They should do a cover of Sean O'Riada's "Mise Eire" while they're at it

If they are to play Whiskey..., can they at least just tag it onto the end of something like Emerald, Jailbreak, etc

"Frantic, one of their better songs in fairness."   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Jward on June 07, 2019, 03:43:34 PM
They should do a cover of Sean O'Riada's "Mise Eire" while they're at it

If they are to play Whiskey..., can they at least just tag it onto the end of something like Emerald, Jailbreak, etc

Judging by their recent set lists they'll do a medley of that and orion and something else I can't remember of the top of my head

Quote from: Cernunnos on June 07, 2019, 02:39:29 PM

Ah lad you'll be grand. Thlse gobshites will prob be too busy on their phones to bother regular metal folk!

I have to say, I was a bit pessimistic leading up to this gig and was considering flogging my ticket a while back, but I'm proper excited for tomorrow!
I've seen Metallica a rake of times and I often criticise how lame they've become; sloppy performances "Metallica loves you" etc. James Hetfield couldn't even set off a metal detector in an airport these days!!

But tomorrow I'm gonna get shit faced in a field with a bunch of sound heads that I grew up listening to Metallica with. The band have fallen a long way from their prime form, but they've written a bunch of deadly tunes that I still listen to on a regular basis, and they are largely responsible for getting me into metal in general. Nice one lads. Beer me  :abbath:

Could have easily wrote that post myself. Nicely put  man :) it will be a great day, alcohol , nostaglia and metal  :abbath:

I imagine it's the older songs that the rest of the set will consist of that will add the nostalgia factor for the lads. I don't know,  it just seems more logical to me.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on June 08, 2019, 07:21:00 AM
6 songs from Hardwired = Nostalgia?

Yeah also my fav song frantic. It's gonna be epic. Plus fingers crossed for that cover song  :laugh:

On a serious note as previous poster had said getting drunk with old friends and "some" old songs. I'll keep my serious metal head on for the metal summer festivals. Today it's just a bit of crack in my eyes.