Anyone know if bars and burger places take cards or is it all cash?
What's security like? I've managed to smuggle booze into download plenty of times, hidden in every available orifice.

Supposedly Therapy? offered their services and were told they weren't even being considered.
[/quote]

At least they would have bolstered things from a talent standpoint if not an attendance one. There is loads of tickets available for this on adverts for way below cost price. They weren't as readily available for G n R. I do think gold circle tickets are all gone though and I think someone said on MI that platinum tickets where you got to meet the band (for two grand) were all gone too.....

Hang on, GNR in Slane wasn't that busy was it? I heard at the time that it was far from sold out and that you could get tickets for 50 quid on the day outside it? Anyone know if this is true?

I knew Metallica in Slane would be a disaster numbers wise the minute this was announced. They are just not big/known enough to the average Slane fan mucker. As someone said, I reckon there will be 30-40,000 max for this. Anyway, Ill probably go for the piss up but there's no way I'm giving much money to see this.

Anyone know where I'd get cheapo tickets?

Slane can hold 80k people,what would constitute not busy?50k/60k?.Tickets and freebees will always be plentyfull for capacitys that big if it doesnt sell out fast.

You know what,this Metallica show might actually be some bit enjoyable if the venue is half full.40k less people trying to get in and out  of the place might  make the day bearable.

Quote from: Paul keohane on May 23, 2019, 02:35:35 PM

You know what,this Metallica show might actually be some bit enjoyable if the venue is half full.40k less people trying to get in and out  of the place might  make the day bearable.

Ye that's kind of what i'm hoping for!!!

GnR was rammed lads definitely 80k there.

Quote from: Blitzer666 on May 23, 2019, 12:25:47 PM
Anyone know if bars and burger places take cards or is it all cash?
What's security like? I've managed to smuggle booze into download plenty of times, hidden in every available orifice.

It's a field in Co. Meath dude I'm fairly certain it will be cash only! Bunch of us managed to sneak drink into GNR 2 years ago no problems so you should be fine, given your previous experience  8)

Has anybody ever actually listened to Bokassa?

Any facebook group,slane page etc has mountains of people's selling tickets.I reckon the general public/summer gig day tripper types bought tickets when they went on sale and had a rethink.
Hopefully it'll be a smaller crowd than guns n roses as it was a bollox to get around,there is nothing user friendly about slane as a venue.few videos of ghost supporting online and the daylight doesn't seem to do them any harm.the rest of the bill is a piss take though.

#38 May 24, 2019, 08:21:58 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:01:02 PM by stevie-0

Lads from Longford will be stocking up wheelbarrows to cart their beer in.

does anybody know do you have to come out of the gold circle to get to food stalls,beer tent and toilets..
i have a ticket for the gold circle

Yes, you have to come out mate. That was one of the big complaints from the gnr show.

huge amounts of tickets being sold online for heavy discounts if anyone is looking. cant link it right but facebook markets have them

Yet there's people on gumtree still trying to get up to £100 for their tickets