The auld lady dumped a black sack at my gaff recently and in it was a pile of my old metal hammer mags. I might just fuck them out myself but a quick ebay search sees some old issues selling for about 5 euro a pop. Would there be a market for these or such a thing as a shop dealing in second hand music that might take them?
There is.....
1996 4 issues
1997 10 issues
1998 11 issues
1999 11 issues
2000 5 issues

Its mad flicking through them again and seeing and reliving the rise of nu metal, which is really all metal hammer was about in those years, along with regular features on Metallica and Maiden. And the championing of shit like 3 Colours Red  :laugh:

Black, death, doom etc not a fucking sniff!!

I had mountains of them but fucked them out several years ago.  Could have made a few bob! It really was a dire heap of muck in retrospect.

You won't make much lads. Listed most of mine on eBay must've had hundreds and sold about 5. A record store would give you a pittance for them so you're better off setting them on fire.

I'll put em in a box in the attic and look at them when I'm 65 so  :laugh:

Just flicked through the first issue I ever got, Feb 96 with Alice In Chains on the cover and lo and behold the lead album review is Burzum Filosofem 5/5! Took me another 4 or 5 years to pick that up but somewhat prophetic that here 23 years later that is one of my favourite albums of all time

Maybe someone would take them off you as a batch lot?  Alternatively, find your market - if it's mostly nu metal and its rise, or if there's features on particular bands in them, post them in genre/band related groups on facebook and see if anyone bites.

I sold about 50 or 60 of them a few years back on adverts.  Got about 30 quid which was better than dumping them on the fire

Sadly there was a lot of that Nu Metal shite in the 90's, Kerrang is a trendy magazine. Toilet paper really. You get the rare article that's worth a read but on the whole it doesn't make it worth a purchase.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Quote from: Grim Reality on May 16, 2019, 10:08:42 PM
I'll put em in a box in the attic and look at them when I'm 65 so  :laugh:

Don't think that giving them another 20 years is gonna make them seem any better! :laugh:                  I got rid of all my mags years ago and the only ones I miss are the Handfull of zines like Desecration of Virgin and the like. Actually still have a stack of Terrorizers but theyre probably only from 2010-13 or so. Pm if interested!

Quote from: Trev on May 17, 2019, 08:14:34 AM
I sold about 50 or 60 of them a few years back on adverts.  Got about 30 quid which was better than dumping them on the fire

Do you live in Wicklow by any chance?? I think I may have bought these!!

Awful, awful magazine. I used to buy these religiously as a teen. Just found online the first ever issue I bought, Skid Row on the cover with a free Pamela Anderson poster.
https://images.app.goo.gl/zbyPidVKeMJLYzLU8

I must have pulled myself off to that poster countless times.

In truth, it was one of the worst music publications ever. Some of the shite they used to champion...Janus Stark, 3 Colours Red, Bullyrag, One Minutes Silence. Miniscule coverage of doom, black or death. I fucked all of mine in the bin years ago.

Such a pity they didn't cover more quality metal alright.  My CD collection would be so much better.

It was horrific alright. I used to buy it because you almost had to. Wading through shit like One Minute Silence to read a couple of lines about a Morbid Angel or whatever. All those bands were mates of Metal Hammer and got plugged to fuck, there was even a painful recurring article where any given band would go on the lock with one of the writers and they'd cobble a gas interview together.

I did used to enjoy the reviews, largely found them to be comprehensive and fair (except for all the UK favourites who all got a pass) but even that went out the window in the 00's  when any act that shifted units for Metal Hammer got a glowing review. The single worst thing I've ever read is their 9/10 review for St.Anger. Absolutely painful to read as they scrambled for an angle to justify selling the record to you.

Quote from: John Kimble on May 21, 2019, 08:31:21 PM
Awful, awful magazine. I used to buy these religiously as a teen. Just found online the first ever issue I bought, Skid Row on the cover with a free Pamela Anderson poster.
https://images.app.goo.gl/zbyPidVKeMJLYzLU8

I must have pulled myself off to that poster countless times.

In truth, it was one of the worst music publications ever. Some of the shite they used to champion...Janus Stark, 3 Colours Red, Bullyrag, One Minutes Silence. Miniscule coverage of doom, black or death. I fucked all of mine in the bin years ago.

Had that poster on the ceiling above my bed and god knows how many pulls I had to it. What a woman, I wonder is she aware of just how much meat slapping was done to her..must be in the billons. I'd say I hit a million myself.