#15 May 15, 2019, 03:07:59 AM Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:25:24 AM by BlackWizard
Second i saw the heading of this thread A Dead Channel is the first thing that came to my mind! From start to finish epic in every sense.

Also The Waters of Ain, i never realised Selim did the guitar solo on that song! Such a killer song and the solo bring it to next level epicness!

Since I'm listening to it right now... Burnt Year by Altar of Plagues.

Fuck me those vocals are so intense

It's very short to be epic, but 'progeny' by Abaddon Incarnate sends me floating.

I think epic is more about a feeling than about song length so absolutely you could put moving grindcore into that category.  In that regard,  I nominate Godplayer (or almost anything from Need to Control).

Yeah, loads of MB songs are truly epic. Primordial were mentioned, and Empire Falls is surely the best song off To The Nameless Dead, but The Coffin Ships is perhaps the most "truly" epic song by an Irish metal band of all time (and saying this as someone who, overall, rates MB higher).

On a "now listening" buzz, The Loss and Curse of Reverence by Emperor.

Reverend Bizarre - Cirith Ungol
The Ruins of Beverast - I Raised This Stone as a Ghastly Memorial
Dead Congregation - Teeth Into Red
Absu - Feis Mor Tir Na nOg

Have been getting the blood going lately.

Dair by Corr Mhona always strikes me as a true epic, great stuff

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 16, 2019, 07:25:23 PM
It's very short to be epic, but 'progeny' by Abaddon Incarnate sends me floating.

In the context of the album it might as well be a ten minute soaring epic. Really really lifts the album for me.

Burzum - Jesus Tod

One of the most hypnotic songs I've ever heard.

Brought Filosofem with me the first time I went off to try magic mushrooms. Grand day out.

Neurosis "Strength of Fates"

Empire Falls for sure - incredible track.
Anathema - Eternity III, One Last Goodbye, Judgment, Kingdom, We The Gods, A Dying Wish...
Sabbath - Spiral Architect
Emperor - Ye Entranceemperium
Maiden - so many...Brighter than a thousand suns, blood brothers, PASCHENDALE, Phantom of the Opera, Ancient Mariner, Seventh Son, Alexander, Red and the Black, Hallowed...
Katatonia - Brave
Tornado of Souls
PL - Enchantment, The Painless, Pity the Sadness...

Cult of Luna w Julie Christmas - Cygnus

https://youtu.be/DVdHw4fskj4

Plenty of epic tracks from Mariner but this and SS Needle stand out for me. 

Venus Illegitima by Svartidaudi. From the first second of the track all the way through the intro it gives me tingles, goosebumps and makes the hair on my neck stand up. The intro builds and builds and when the music finally kicks in the tingles burst up my neck and over the top of my head.
This happened the first time I heard the track and continues on every subsequent listen. It was the first track they played when they supported Archgoat here a few years ago, I thought I might need a towel I almost jizzed meself :-[ Thankfully I didn't. I've recently seen this sensation described and talked about as asmr (look it up)

Quote from: No Remorse on May 21, 2019, 12:29:31 PM
Dair by Corr Mhona always strikes me as a true epic, great stuff

I was just reading through p2 to see if anyone had posted this yet! I well and truly second this. I got lost in this many a time driving along the motorway in Tipp heading home to Cork, feeling the vibe from the misty mountains, especially at dusk. One time the rain kicked in at just the right moment, it was epic. Really made the commute from/to Dublin fly by.

Good call. Looking forward to something new from them.