Ah lad, will ya stop acting the maggot. Your picking an argument here where there is none.
Cherry picking sentences and using them out of context in weak attempts at ridicule is beneath you.

Those Table Talk transcriptions are about as reliable a source of information as Anne Franks diary, as I'm sure you well know.

More than happy to discuss reliability of sources with you man, but this whole discussion would fit better into the PC thread, and we can leave this one get back to lighter matters... such as gaping holes of a very different variety  ::)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 08, 2024, 10:42:52 AMGaping to replace break-dancing at the 2028 Olympics.

Splaygun!

New publicity spot for the Royal Armouries in Leeds is quality  :laugh:
https://x.com/rebekkarnold/status/1835663229013405909

The eight weeks my nephew stayed with me over the summer has definitely rubbed off on me, I sort of understood what he was saying, no cap (or is it kap... who knows how they spell this new language).

:laugh:
I've been at that Royal Armouries twice, well worth a visit. In any language.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Anvil on September 17, 2024, 09:41:30 AMThe eight weeks my nephew stayed with me over the summer has definitely rubbed off on me, I sort of understood what he was saying, no cap (or is it kap... who knows how they spell this new language).

It's "cap". Did he use "FRFR" before it? So it'll read "for real, for real, no lie".

Not sure how I know these things :laugh:

Quote from: Ducky on September 17, 2024, 10:57:52 PM
Quote from: Anvil on September 17, 2024, 09:41:30 AMThe eight weeks my nephew stayed with me over the summer has definitely rubbed off on me, I sort of understood what he was saying, no cap (or is it kap... who knows how they spell this new language).

It's "cap". Did he use "FRFR" before it? So it'll read "for real, for real, no lie".

Because you've got the riz!

Quote from: Mooncat on September 18, 2024, 12:27:21 AM
Quote from: Ducky on September 17, 2024, 10:57:52 PM

Because you've got the riz!

If I had to look up what "the riz" was, does that mean I don't actually have it?

FML 2K24  :'(

#1797 September 19, 2024, 01:38:35 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 01:40:20 PM by StoutAndAle
This new language thing can fuck off. Does it come from people living their lives through Twitter or Instagram and now spouting the mindless drivel that appears on those platforms?

A few weeks back, an extremely camp lad shrieked "YAAAAAAAAAASS QWEEEEEEEEN! FLAUNT!"* at the top of his lungs when one of his friends walked into the pub.

I was sat about three feet away from him and it scared the ever-loving piss out of me. I almost jumped out of my skin, nearly dropped my pint and all.

At the current cost of a craft beer, I'd have had to kill the man (or whatever they identify as) in retribution.

*(I had to ask my wife to repeat what he/they'd said)

I want to congratulate whoever got Augustiner stocked regularly in off licences in Cork. If they're the some person who got Bradley's to lower their Augistiner prices simultaneously then double congratulations.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on September 19, 2024, 01:38:35 PMThis new language thing can fuck off. Does it come from people living their lives through Twitter or Instagram and now spouting the mindless drivel that appears on those platforms?

A few weeks back, an extremely camp lad shrieked "YAAAAAAAAAASS QWEEEEEEEEN! FLAUNT!"* at the top of his lungs when one of his friends walked into the pub.

I was sat about three feet away from him and it scared the ever-loving piss out of me. I almost jumped out of my skin, nearly dropped my pint and all.

At the current cost of a craft beer, I'd have had to kill the man (or whatever they identify as) in retribution.

*(I had to ask my wife to repeat what he/they'd said)

We're still living in a post Rupaul landscape. It seems the entirety of modern teen slang is from either Rupaul, or black ghetto slang from the early 90s.

Yas Qween? Tea? Reading? Werk? Shade? Realness? Sickening? Looks? Sashay? All from Rupaul's drag race.
All of the painted on face makeup you see where women treat the face they were born with as a light suggestion? Directly from Rupaul's drag race (and further popularized by the Kardashians).