Darren Randolph left out of the Ireland squad. I know he's not getting his game at West Ham but a safe pair of hands all the same.

If we get pumped by Portugal and Serbia and/or fail to impress against Azerbaijan, Kenny may fuck off back to Shelbourne or wherever he came from. I know he only has the players he has, but Michael O'Neill got to the Euros with an arguably worse squad with the Nordies. Luxembourg was unforgivable, total humiliation, and unless he pulls off two and a half miracles over the next fortnight, he should be liquidated with maximum prejudice. We'd be as well of with Roddy Collins or Big Ron at this stage. At least with Trap and O'Neill there were results. This lad should be juggling, an out of his depth clown at this level.

I couldn't face looking at Trap/O'Neill misery again. In fairness to Kenny, he's had zero luck so far. It's hard to accurately gauge the progress or lack thereof.

Is he as inept as Staunton? Probably not, and he certainly has an inferior squad. Nevertheless, the stats don't lie, and I can't remember being mesmerised by the play either. Granted I probably repressed the Irish team into the depths of my mind with memories is pissing myse...well, you get the idea.

In a fortnight I'm sure this thread will be quite lively either way.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on August 26, 2021, 10:42:12 PM
Is he as inept as Staunton? Probably not, and he certainly has an inferior squad. Nevertheless, the stats don't lie, and I can't remember being mesmerised by the play either. Granted I probably repressed the Irish team into the depths of my mind with memories of me pissing myse...well, you get the idea.

In a fortnight I'm sure this thread will be quite lively either way.

The football played by Ireland under Kenny is light years ahead of what Trap and O'Neill did, problem is he doesn't have the players Trap and O'Neill had. And that pair didn't have the players McCarthy and Charlton had.

Will C(h)ristiano turn into Judas?

I hate the sight of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has incredible skill but the worst traits found in footballers.

Big shitty head up on him when things are going his way. Cry-wanking and play-acting when they're not.   

I hope City sign him and then someone like Gary Cahill or Issa Diop fucking halves him in a 50/50.

Ronaldo to United.

Didn't see that coming at all

Anything is better than him going to City. God they are above Liverpool and just below Rangers and the NI national team in the 'wishing them ill' stakes. Good man Christy Brownaldo, win them the league!

Shows he is no soft shite anyway, heading back to the shitkicker league to get the shins kicked off him for a year or two rather than taking the easy PSG option of a CL campaign and fuck all else

That was one of the most one sided matches I have seen from Utd in ages ,an absolute miracle they got anything today as Wolves were robbed.
Varane looked good.

Celtic should have had at least a point off Rangers, who in fairness to them are much more solid and settled and hence the better 'team'.

But we appear to be on the up after ending last season in ruins and the rest of this season will be very interesting as Rangers will likely not meet the consistency of last term.

But fuck, I'm sick of these Glasgow Derby defeats now. Badly,badly need a result next time out.

I figured with a full preseason, no midweek European matches, and his own players in, Arteta should get to Christmas and see how he's doing, but fuck me if he doesn't turn it around sharp then off he goes

Quote from: Grim Reality on August 29, 2021, 10:26:00 PM
Celtic should have had at least a point off Rangers, who in fairness to them are much more solid and settled and hence the better 'team'.

But we appear to be on the up after ending last season in ruins and the rest of this season will be very interesting as Rangers will likely not meet the consistency of last term.

But fuck, I'm sick of these Glasgow Derby defeats now. Badly,badly need a result next time out.

Edouard should be sold, he hasn't been at the races at all going back to last season. You could see the difference when Kyogo was put through the middle. I was pissed off at full time, but on reflection, away from home and with an 'unfinished' squad, they didn't play poorly (although Eddy and Turnbull did).

Reasonable positive for the rest of the season, with the caveat that we've been beaten three times away from home and we are not yet in September.