Seeing as I'm having a nice Tempranillo to soften the blow after losing me hole at Cheltenham today....and the fact that many of us may be visiting the Iberian sunspot between now and the end of the  summer, I thought it apt for this thread....I had a thread on the old forum on this very topic and never got to properly investigate many of the bands that were proposed by all the good people.....only ones I have in my pitiful collection are Avulsed (obviously) and the mighty Wormed.....keep em coming.....cheers.

I used to enjoy Machetazo - Carne del Cementerio. Haven't listened to it in years but I remember it being raw,  brutal and catchy.

Spain must be the biggest country in Europe with the least amount of notable bands?

With respect my friend, that's partly why it interests me? If baking hot Florida could produce great death metal once upon a time...why not Spain?...just putting it out there like....

Tower had a sale at one point in the mid 90's where a load of stuff was £1. You can't go wrong for a quid so I dug in. One of the CDs I picked up was Nest Of Affliction by Unbounded Terror. It's alright. Your life is no poorer if you've never heard it, though.

Teitanblood are an obvious one

Also check out

13TH Moon
Ataraxy

Goreinhaled - The Art of Sickness
Cerebral Effusion - Idolatry of the Unethical

Quote from: Juggz on March 12, 2019, 09:37:40 PM
Tower had a sale at one point in the mid 90's where a load of stuff was £1. You can't go wrong for a quid so I dug in. One of the CDs I picked up was Nest Of Affliction by Unbounded Terror. It's alright. Your life is no poorer if you've never heard it, though.
I remembered hearing that on the 2fm metal show back in the day.

Altarage.... suffocatingly heavy Death/Doom from Bilbao.
I particularly love their 2016 album NIHL.....

https://youtu.be/NwsQ77B_oc4

Ataraxy are the first that spring to mind, their last album Where All Hope Fades is class and rightly generated some buzz last year. Also Invictus released a really good EP from Apologoethia not too long ago, kind of black/death.